S3E5: There is a First Time for Everything

PRESENT TIME
Night
[Nathan and Steven's house]
*The whole gang was sitting on the couch, filling and sealing wedding invitations. Nathan and Hallie were in charge of putting the cards in the envelopes, Jo and Steven were sealing them up, and Nancy and Nina were writing the addresses on the back, since they had the best handwriting. Nancy saw Nathan doing it wrong, and she was very critical of him when it came to wedding plans. Even if he made a little mistake, she would correct him.*

Nancy: No! Nathan! You're supposed to center the tissue paper! Not just stick it in the bottom!

Nathan: I figured it didn't really matter because-

Nancy: Of course it matters! Everything matters! From now on, you need to ask me before you do anything that revolves around our wedding.

*He knew there was no point arguing back.*

Nathan: Yes, dear.

*Nancy walked over and gave him an example, by doing one for him.*

Nancy: This is how it should go.

Nathan: Okay. Can I invite my old friend from Jersey?

Nancy: Why are you asking me this now? We decided who we are inviting last week!

Nathan: I know but I just thought it up this morning, and I was too afraid to ask you then so I'm asking now.

*Nancy gave him a death stare.*

Nathan: *sarcastically* But clearly, I was worried for nothing.

Nancy: No, it's fine, but now I have to redo the whole seating chart.

Nathan: Can't you just add an extra chair at a table?

Nancy: But then the seat to table ratio would be unproportionate!

Nathan: Should I bother asking why that matters?

Nancy: I wouldn't.

Nathan: Got it.

Jo: Why don't you just hire a wedding planner?

Nancy: I will but first I need to do the important stuff I don't want her to mess with.

Hallie: Like...

Nancy: Seating charts, centerpieces, outfits, the length of the aisle I will be walking down, how many petals are on each flower of my bouquet, how many inches long my heels will be, how much food each person gets, what order the food goes on the table, stuff like that.

Jo: Okay, so what will you let her do?

Hallie: Like, songs and stuff?

Nancy: Oh absolutely not. I picked out my wedding songs when I was 9.

Steven: It's true.

Nathan: Well can I see them?
Nancy: Mmm... maybe.

Nathan: Babe-

Nancy: In private. I haven't let anyone see them ever. I want it to be a surprise for everyone.

Steven: Not even I've seen them.

Nancy: But I'll show them to you, of course.

Nathan: Okay. Hey, babe? What kind of stuff do I get to pick out for the wedding?

Nancy: Mmmm... the underwear you'll be wearing that day.

Nathan: How is that crucial to the wedding?

Nancy: It just is. I don't know!

Nathan: Come on, I want to help. What can I do, seriously?

Nancy: Fine. I suppose you can come cake testing with me.