S2E5: Do You Work Here?

Midday
[The plaza, at an ice cream stand.]
*Nathan took the ice cream from the worker.*

Nathan: Thank you!

Ice Cream Worker: Have a good day!

Nathan: You too.

*Nathan was about to hand the cone to Nancy, but instead he smashed it in her face. She screamed as he started laughing.*

Nancy: *joking* You suck!

*He started laughing harder. He playfully licked her cheek and caught her off guard.*

Nancy: Taste good?

Nathan: Delicious!

*They both smiled as they stared into each other's eyes. They walked outside as Nathan spotted the paparazzi. He slowly stepped away from Nancy, so they weren't too close. Nancy didn't see the paparazzi, so she tried to hold his hand. But he flicked her hand out of the way. She was surprised but didn't say anything. She noticed he was a bit far away so she stepped closer. They stopped in front of a window shop and looked at a pretty dress in the window.*

Nathan: You like that?

Nancy: Yeah, it's cute. Thank you for my ice cream.

*He turned to face her as they were dreamily staring into each other's eyes. She leaned in, but he dodged her kiss. She looked very confused.*

Nancy: Wha-

*Nathan pulled her arm around a back corner where no one could see them. He caught her by surprise when he gave her a big kiss.*

Nancy: Nathan, wha-

Nathan: There. Can we go now?

Nancy: Why, what's going on?

Nathan: Nothing! I'm just ready to leave.

Nancy: But we just got here.

Nathan: I'm leaving, okay?

Nancy: What is with you?!

*She grabbed his wrist as he walked away. He turned back around to face her.*

Nathan: Nancy! Moment's over! Let's go!

Nancy: *firmly* No.

Nathan: No?

Nancy: Not until you tell me what is going on.

Nathan: Can't I just tell you later?

Nancy: Nathan... *She put her palm on his cheek* It's me.

Nathan: *He sighed* The paparazzi is right over there.

Nancy: *confused* Oh.

Nathan: And I don't want them finding out about us.

Nancy: Wh-what?

Nathan: What?

Nancy: What do you mean? You don't want them knowing that we're dating?

Nathan: That's right.

Nancy: Nate, come on.

Nathan: Nancy, I'm serious.

Nancy: Why on earth would you want to hide our relationship?

Nathan: Nancy! We've been hiding our relationship for months!

Nancy: Yeah, because we were hiding it from our friends! Not the whole world!

Nathan: We hid it from everyone-

Nancy: So that our friends wouldn't find out we were dating on some drama channel. Not because we didn't want the public to know!

Nathan: You knew this about me long before we started dating.