S7E15: Unfinished Entity

Noon
[Nancy and Nathan's house]
*Nancy was alone in her living room. It was day time, as the sun peeked through the windows lighting up the house naturally. She ran to the door when it knocked and opened it to see Joey standing there. He walked in and they hugged like never before. They fit into each other's arms like puzzle pieces; like the stars aligned in that moment. Her face rested on his chest, almost buried in his arms. Once they let go, he whispered to her.*

Joey: Dance with me.

*A smile drew across her face as he spun her and pulled her in close again. Memories flooded back to her of them dancing in the past. She felt safe here. She belonged here. His eyes glistened at her as they swayed back and forth. His skin was perfect. It was clear, soft, and tan. It looked like porcelain. She reached out to touch it with her hand and it felt familiar, in a distant way. Like she's touched his face many times before, but this time was different. It was better. They slowly started to lean in as their lips almost met. But suddenly a gaping portal opened on the roof of the house. They looked up at it as the wind nearly blew them away. They held on tightly to each other. She promised in her mind never to let him go. He was a part of her at this point. But while the wind was pushing her down, it was pulling him up. His feet left the ground as her head turned towards him.*

Nancy: Joey-

Joey: Nancy!

*He was fully in the air, levitating above her as the force continued to pull him in. The only thing she could reach at this point was his hands. She still held on tight, desperate to keep her promise.*

Nancy: Joey no! Joey!

Joey: Nancy!

Nancy: No! No!

*Alas, she was too weak. He was vacuumed up into the portal above them, and she was pushed to the ground.*

Nancy: NO! No!

*She screamed and cried in agony. The wind stopped and the portal closed. She laid on the ground in a puddle of tears.*

Nancy: *crying* No, no, no.

*Nancy's eyes fluttered open in bed, as she realized it was all a dream. She didn't move; she couldn't. But she sensed Nathan beside her. She prayed he was fast asleep and wouldn't hear what she was about to do; cry. She gave it all her strength to hold it in but she just couldn't. To her disappointment, he was awake. But she didn't need to know that. He stayed just as still as she did, as he listened to her weep, unsure of what to do.*

Morning
[Jo's house]
*Mandy was walking toward the front door with her suitcase.*

Mandy: Well, I'm off. Thanks for letting me stay an extra day.

Jo: Oh, of course. For what it's worth... I actually had a lot of fun with you last night. With the movie, and everything.

Mandy: Yeah, it was fun. You know I love you... so much.

Jo: I know.

*Yes, Jo had a surprisingly fun time with her mom these past two days. But she wasn't ready to say it back yet.*

Jo: Why don't you stay?

Mandy: What?

Jo: Stay. I mean, you don't even have a flight booked yet. You don't want to get to the airport and be waiting there for hours.

Mandy: That's true. You mean it?

Jo: Yeah. Stay until you get a flight. Don't worry about it.

*Mandy smiled, happy to finally be building something good with Jo.*

Mandy: Listen, I don't think I've said it yet, but... I'm sorry about Chris.

Jo: No, you haven't said it yet. But... Thank you.