4

Skye's POV

Are you fucking kidding me?! Dally has a sister?! Of course her name is 'Brooklyn'. I sat next to Pony and Two-Bit, my arms crossed. Two-Bit leaned over, "be nice. You could use some girl friends."

I shot him a death look. This girl sits down and just acts like she's 'one of us.' She's got another thing comin' to her. Nobody was even acting like this was outta the ordinary. Darry sat reading his paper. Steve and Soda were a conversation only they would understand.  Johnny and Brooklyn were sitting there gabbing to each other. Johnny usually talks to me.

I stood up, "Skye?" My brother gave a confused look.

"I'm going to get a beer," I said under my breath.

"Not when I'm around," Darry said sharply. I forgot he was home. Nobody seemed to notice Darry scolding me, which I was grateful for.

"Fine, I'm gonna go smoke." I went out on the porch and lit up.

"Skye?" Two-Bit came out, "what's wrong?"

I furrowed my brow, "nothing," I snapped, inhaling the smoke, "how do we even know she's Dal's sister?!  And why didn't he ever mention it!  Maybe she's an imposter?"

Two-Bit laughed out loud, "ok...someone's been watching too many movies. Skye, I get it.  Ya don't like new or different.  She is Dally's kid sister so you're gonna have to deal with it."

I crossed my arms, "says who?"  I ashed my cigarette and slammed the door.

"Skye," Steve waved me over, "we're teaching Brooke how to play poker."

I sat down across the table so I could stare the bitch down.  We played a few hands before she asked for a glass of water.  Soda directed her to the kitchen. This my chance.

I followed her to the kitchen and stood there, arms across my chest, sizing her up. I could take her, no problem.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"You can catch the first train outta Tulsa." I replied.

"I'm not leaving." She set the glass on the counter.

"How come we never heard of ya before?" I demanded.

"Look, Skye, I don't know what your problem is, but I haven't seen my brother in four years. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm learning how to play poker."

"You don't get it," I growled. "Johnny is MY friend. Pony is MY friend. The gang is MINE! You aren't welcomed here." She tried to get by me, "bitch please." I made a tight fist and connected to her face. I may be small but I can pack a punch.

However, she took the punch better than I thought. Pain exploded in my head as she caught me off guard with a punch to the cheek.  It was on. I tackled her and pounded her in the face. She was a better fighter than expect. We rolled around in the kitchen yelling at each other, getting in kicks and punches whenever we could.

We wrestled into the living room and hit the end table, knocking over a lamp. It shattered, loudly. Two-Bit used the opportunity to grab my upper arms. Dally held Brooke back. Both of us glaring at each other. Steve and Soda were silent. Johnny and Ponyboy stood up, but stayed by the poker table.

Darry set his paper down on the coffee table and stood up. It took everything in me to not cower. Darry looked even more intimidating than normal. He pointed to the couch, "You two sit down and chill out. Brooke, I don't know what your used to in New York, but I do not allow members of my gang to fight each other." He turned toward me, "Skye, I expected more outta ya."

I widened my eyes and shot Two-Bit a pleading look. He was glaring at me. Dally didn't look happiest either, but at the same time he had a small smirk, impressed by his younger sister.

She's already ruining everything.