86

Skye's POV

"Dammit Skye!" My brother yelled as he dragged me away from Buck's, "what the hell were you thinkin'?"

I yanked my arm away from him, "chill out! Ain't like you ever got high before."

"We're not talking about me! Who gave it to ya?"

"It don't matter." I muttered, bummed that my high was wearing off.

Two-Bit practically threw me in the car, "what the hell am I gonna do with ya?"

I gave him my best pouty face, "love me, I'm weird."

"Skye," he sighed and shook his head, "what do I gotta do to get this through your thick skull?"

"Two-Bit, it ain't that big of deal! You're over reacting! Why the fuck do you even care?!"

Two-Bit turned around so fast and backhanded me across the face, hard. I tasted blood in my mouth, "Skye..." my brother whispered softly.

stared straight ahead, refusing to look at him, refusing to let the tears fall that threatened to spill down my cheeks.  The drive home was deathly quiet.  A few times, my brother tried to apologize, but I wasn't ready for that.  He does the same shit!  Why can't I?

I stormed into the house before Two-Bit could even get out of the car.  I slammed my door, shaking the whole house.  Two-Bit knocked on my door, "Go away!" I yelled at him.  "I expect that shit from Dally not from you!"

"Skye, I'm sorry!  Just hear me out."

"No!  I don't want to talk to you!" I threw myself on the bed, crying into my pillow. I eventually cried myself to sleep, still not believing my brother hit me.

The next morning, I woke up to a knock on a knock on my door. "Skye, can I at least tell ya why I got so mad?"  I heard him slump against my door and sit down outside it. 

I moved closer to my door, "fine." I can't stay mad at him forever.

"I hung out with Brumly a few times.  I smoked some dope with him, but it wasn't pure dope.  It was mixed with PCP.  If Dal and Steve hadn't been there, I would died.  I had some real fucked up hallucinations.  If you wanna smoke dope every now and then, I'm ok with it.  As long as you get it from me."

I cracked the door a bit, "you only care cause I took it from Meg."

"Yeah, but I don't want ya to make it a full time thing."

I opened the door all the way. He held his arms out to me and I ran into them. He kissed the top of my forehead, "I'm really sorry, Skye."

"I know, Two."

He tugged on the back of my ponytail, "now go tell Brooke what a horrible brother I am."

I grinned, "oh I will."