61

Brooke's POV
Skye and I walked through the front doors of the Curtis house. Everybody was there waiting for us.

"So?" Dal stood. "What'd they say?"

"They'll fight with us. Angela's gonna bring the rest to the council" I replied.

"Figured they would" he said as he grabbed a beer. I mentally sighed as he sat down at the table. Why does he always have to drink. I don't want him to end up like dad, or even resemble him in any way.

I just glared as him. Suddenly, Skye walked up to him as she grabbed his beer and chugged it. I didn't know what she was doing?

"Ya know Winston, your an asshole" she said. I didn't think much of it at first, every one thinks Dal is an asshole.

Dal sure did mind, as he stood, towering over Skye. "What'd ya say to me?" He almost growled.

"You know Brooke hates it when ya get drunk so the fuck do you do it so much?" Skye snapped. She had a point, but I didn't need her sticking up for me.

Dal glared at Skye before turning to Twobit "keep your sister under control" he growled.

"Would it kill ya to show a little emotion toward her?" Skye demanded.  "These next few days are gonna be fuckin' brutal and it's be nice if you could actually be a decent brother than a piece of shit!" Skye snapped at him.  My eyes went wide.

"Why'd you leave her?  What was damn important that you had to leave her!  She deserves a goddamn answer!"  She yelled in his face. I didn't like the fact she was talking to Dal, my brother, like that.

Dal clutched the front of her shirt "You don't get to tell me what to do with my sister" he hissed. He then threw her to floor, before slamming the door as he walked out. The whole house shook.

I stared at Skye, mouth wide open. I didn't know what to think. I started to walk out, before Skye reached for my arm "Brooke, I'm sorry"-

"You don't get to talk to my brother like that"
I said as I turned around.

"I was just trying to I help" she shrugged.

"Well, I don't need your help! And I sure as shit don't need you defending me!" I yelled before storming out.

Part of me deep down felt like Shit for letting Skye have it..but I didn't need her stepping into Dal and I's relationship.

I stomped all the way to Buck's. When I walked inside, I ran straight up to my room. I slammed the door as I flipped down on my bed. I grabbed my pillow and sobbed into it. This seemed to be the solution to a lot of my problems now a days.

Soda's POV
Brooke stormed out of the house after yelling at Skye. I was surprised she snapped like that...Skye to at Dally the way she did. But then again, if I were Brooke, sharing a house with Dal, I would eventually snap to. Skye was right about one thing, Dal never shows any emotion to Brooke. But I guess it's non of our business like Brooke argued.

"She's got a Dally temper" Steve whispered to me, amazed. The house was still silent.

"Leaving" Skye barley muttered as she walked out of the house.

We all then looked around at each other. "Damn. That was intense" Twobit said. We all nodded in agreement.

"Never saw anyone stand up to Dal like that" Johnny said.

"Can't believe Brooke snapped at Skye like that. Just the other day, they were inseparable" Twobit added.

"Ya well, they better be straight for the rumble. Last thing we need is our own people fighting each other" Darry said.