124

Skye's POV

Last night went better than the first, my blanket was on my bed when we were locked in for the night.  I laid on the lumpy cot, trying to figure out what my brother did to be lumped in with Dal and Tim.  There must a side of him that I don't see and probably don't want to see.

The next morning was just as chaotic as the first. I skipped the shower and headed down to breakfast. As I was rounded to corner, 2 broads grabbed my arms and pulled me into a hallway, "You're in with that Winston girl?" The one demanded.

I crossed my arms, "what's it to ya?"

"We run things in here, got it?" She jabbed her finger in my chest, "don't forget it."

"Well, here's the thing...are you really? You feel the need to try to intimidate me, which means you think I'm a threat."

I started to walk away, but the one slammed me against the wall, "listen here bitch! We've been running this place for 3 months!"

I rolled my eyes, "wanna fuckin' medal or some thing? I mean, I don't know if I'd be bragging about that, but if it makes you happy, then you two go ahead with your little pretend game that you run juvie."
I walked away after that. There was definitely tension in the air.

I didn't tell the girls what happened until we were outside for "yard time." Jess handed out the cigarettes. As we smoked, I pointed out the two girls that confronted me. Brooke stared me down, "tell me that you didn't say anything." She looked a little nervous.

"Ok...I didn't say anything."

Brooke glared at me, "Dammit Skye! Whaddya say?"

"They just told me that run things in here. I asked them if they wanted a medal and to keep playing their little pretend game if it made them happy."

Brooke looked like she wanted to strangle me, "those are my bunk mates! Alex and Abbie! The ones who worked that girl!"

Angela rolled her eyes and passed a cigarette to Mandy, "here, you were right. Skye couldn't keep her mouth shut for more than 48 hours."

"Hey they came up to me!" I defended myself.

"Cause the one thinks you look like the weakest of all of us..." Brooke muttered.  That pissed me off.  No way in hell was I the weakest of us!  If I had to pick, it'd be Mandy, "why can't you ever just play nice?" Brooke continued to scold me.

I stepped on my cig, putting it out, "she came up to me!  I wasn't gonna back down!"  I was irritated, but the last thing I wanted to do was fight with Brooke, "I'm gonna take a walk," I muttered. 

I went over and sat down to watch a few of the girls play basketball, trying to ignore my own thoughts swirling in my head.  I did not want to get lost inside my head.  It can be a scary place.

The whistle blew, indicating that yard time was over.  We filed in when suddenly I was pulled in the bathroom.  I was shoved, roughly against the wall and punched hard in the stomach.  I double over and a knee was brought to my face.  Blood pour out of my nose.  I wiped it away, ignoring the pain and jumped to my feet.  It was Abbie and Alex, "this is your warning, don't get smart with us again or next time it'll be worse."

They walked out of the bathroom, laughing.  I headed back to my bunk.  I had blood on my white shirt and orange pants.  Oh god, what are the girls gonna say about this? I curled up in my bed, refusing to cry.  I just wanted Steve.