98

Skye's POV

I woke up in my own bed, confused as to how I got here.  These last five days had been a blur.  I just remember Brooke asking if she could come over in the morning to try on dresses.  Tears pooled into my eye; Tori's funeral was today.

"Skye?" Two-Bit opened my door, "let's change your bandage before Brooke gets here."  I sighed and slowly sat up.  I lifted my shirt and Two-Bit gently peeled off the bandage.  He, then, cleaned it with peroxide, which hurt like a bitch.  He put a clean one back on, "all done, kid."

"Ma at work?"

Two nodded, "she's gonna take off for the funeral though."  He put his arm around me, "I'm sorry, Skye.  I never shoulda let you agree to this rumble."

"Ain't your fault.  Brooke and I started it.  I never shoulda suggested we jump her or wreck her car."  I put my head in my hands, "I basically killed Tori." 

I bawled into my hands while Two-Bit rubbed my back, "no baby, you didn't pull the trigger." 

After a bit, I pulled myself together and went into the kitchen.  I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat outside to have a cigarette while I waited for Brooke.  I took a few puffs as I watched Dally turn into our driveway.  He opened up Brooke's door and helped her out.  She slowly sat next to me and lit her own smoke.  She looked like shit.  The bruising on her face had started to fade, so instead of a dark purple, it was turning shades of brown, green, and yellow. It was hard not to notice the cut on her cheek, "take a picture, it'll last longer." She said after she saw me looking at her.

"Naw, don't wanna bust my camera," I replied back in the same unamused tone, "you look like shit though."

Brooke cocked an eyebrow, "have you looked in a mirror lately?

I started to laugh, wincing a bit at the pain in my side, "been tryin' to avoid that." I flicked my butt away and we both stood up slowly.

I told Two that we were going up to my room to see if I had anything for Brooke to wear. He nodded and turned on the tv. Dally slumped next to him on couch. Today already sucked.

Brooke found a black dress it wear. It fell just above her knees and fit her well. I pulled out a navy blue dress from the back of my closet. Ma had gotten it for me a few months ago...don't ask me why.

The ride to the church was silent. We were meeting the gang there. Angela Shepard was already there surrounded by Carrie and Nicole. Brooke and I walked slowly over to them. The other 3 still carried a few bruises from the rumble, but other than that, they were ok...physically.

The five of us embraced each other, none of us knowing what to say, until Angela spoke, "thanks for coming."

"Of course," Brooke whispered, squeezing her hand.

We talked for a little while before sitting down. I saw Tori's mom immediately. She was crying into Lyle, Tori's brother; he was pretty high up in the ranks. "Where's her dad?" Brook wondered aloud.

"Prison," a few of us mumbled at the same time, "can't remember the last Tori even mentioned him," Angela finished.

The organ began to play, a sign that the funeral was about to start. I looked around the room. If only the Socs could see this. The room was full of greasers. Many of them had criminal records and many of them were crying over the murder of Tori Mitchell...one of our own.