81

Brooke's POV
I woke to the irregular smell of pancakes? I looked over and saw Skye still sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, so I slowly got up and walked down stairs.

I saw Ms. Mathews baking pancakes in the kitchen. That explains it.

"I'm sorry, I hope you didn't mind me sleeping here" I said, fiddling with my hands. She turned around.

"Oh why hello, Brooke. I didn't even know you came by last night. Not at a problem at all though, honey" she smiled. She was nice.

"Take a seat, these pancakes are getting cold" she said. I smiled and took a seat at the table.

"Thank you, Ms. Mathews" I thanked her as she set a plate down in front of me. She smiled "no worries, hun. Skye still sleeping?"

"Ya I think so" I dug into my two pancakes. Just then, Skye appeared into the kitchen.

"Morning ma" she kissed her moms cheek. Man, I wish I had that.

"Morning sweetie"

"Maaa" she cringed at the word 'sweetie'.

"What?..I can't call my baby sweetie anymore?"

Skye just smiled and sat down next to me.

"Where's your brother?" Her mom asked. Skye and I looked at each other.

"Uh, I think he stayed with Dal last night" Skye replied.

After eating the delicious meal Ms. Mathews made for us, we started heading out. "Thanks again for the pancakes, Ms. Mathews" I called.

"Your welcome!"

Skye and I stepped out the front door. "Uhh, shit" I groaned suddenly.

"What's up?" Skye asked as we started walking down the road. She lit up a cigarette and did the same for me.

"We got fucking school" I groan.

"Ahh, shit. Your right. I forgot" she sighed.
"Aren't you nervous?" She asked.

"For school?..not really"-"no silly, not school...About the rumble soon" she said.

"Oh...ya I mean, I've been thinking about it non stop. It's always scratching at my skin ya know. Feels like I can never let my guard down" I shake my head. Truth is, I was pretty nervous for the rumble. For the past week, the only thing I'd thought about before bed was the rumble, and same with when I woke.

"Me to. Just hope shit doesn't go to south. Ya know..with them planning on bringing weapons and Shit" she said.

"With socs involved...I wouldn't count on it"