11

Brooke's POV
After Skye and I talked, we walked back inside the Dingo. The boys and us started laughing about the time Dallas and Twobit got arrested, though Dal didn't find it to funny. I was laughing my head off.

The tense between Skye and I has worn off a little, but was clearly still there.

We ended up walking back to the Curtis' house. I walked beside Dal. "So how was New York?..change, or is it still the same?" He asked as he blew smoke.

I kicked a pebble "Ah, same old same old. Old mans, still a prick. Gangs still running the streets. Nothing new.." I say. He nods.

We walked inside the Curtis' house as Skye, handed over some food from the Dingo, to Darry. I saw her flinch a little. Part of me wanted to burst out laughing, another kept me quiet.

"Hey, Skye get over here..wanna play a few rounds?" Soda calls from the table. It looks like they were playing poker. I smile and nod as I walk over.

I started playing poker with Steve and Soda, sook after Skye joined. Everyone kinda glanced over to see how we'd react to playing with each other. Steve handed out the cards and all went good. I could tell we were getting somewhere, Skye and I.
—————————-
After awhile of playing, I got up to get a drink. Then I remembered last time I did that...let's hope things go smoother. I mentally laugh to myself.

I grabbed a cup from the cupboard and filled it half way of tap water. As I'm drinking my water, Dal comes in. He searched through the fridge for a beer and pulls one out.

"So you and Skye getting along?...I ain't gonna have to rip you two off each other am I?" He asked. I shook my head and chuckled a little.

"Nah, I think we're cool....might catch a movie this weekend or something" I shrugged as I took another sip.

"So I heard" he raised an eyebrow.

"Well...imma go back out there before Steve steals my cards" I laughed a little as I put my cup in the sink.

"Wait, Brooke.." Dal pulled my arm just before I could walk out. I turned around.

"Ya?" I ask.

"Tim Shepard, he come looking for me today?" He asked. I thought for a second of who he was talking about.

"Oh..Curly's brother?" I scrunch my brows. He nods.

"No...why?" I ask. God, I hope Dal didn't do something stupid.

"Just needs to talk that's all" he replied. I nodded unsurely before walking into the living room.

"Hey Brooke, ya wanna be on my team for cards?" Pony asked as he now joined I guess. I smile and nodded.

Dal's POV
"Just needs to talk that's all" I lied. Brooke nodded as she walked back out. I didn't need her worrying. Tim and I have our problems. Last night, I slashed some of his tires for hooking up with one of my broads. I heard he's been looking for me ever since. I haven't told Brooke how often I get jailed...and I sure shit hope I don't any time soon. All though, when Tim Shepard's involved, who knows.
————————————-
Brooke's POV
The next day~
I woke to the sound of silence. I groaned as I rolled over on the lumpy bed Dal and I share for now. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, tired. I looked around and didn't see Dal anywhere.
'Maybe he's down stairs?' I think.

I get dressed, brush my hair, and slip my shoes on before heading down stairs. I saw Buck cleaning the counter, but no Dal. "hey, Buck you seen my brother?" I ask.

"Nope, haven't seen him since yesterday morning" he replies. "Oh...okay..thanks" I say before walking out.

I wondered where Dal was, I was slightly worried. I thought to check at the Curtis house first. I started walking my way there.

10 minutes later, I made it to the front door. I opened it as I stepped inside. I was met with the scent of boys, cake, beer, and hair grease.
I saw all the gang here...with frowns?

"Hey guys...you seen Dal?" I ask. Non of them looked up except Darry, who spoke "Brooke, Dal got jailed...last night. He got into a fight with Tim, fuzz showed" he explained. My heart started racing. I just got my brother back, and he leaves...again!?