79

Brooke's POV
After my brother left to get drunk with Twobit, once again..I saw Skye get up for a smoke and followed.

When we got outside, Skye offered me a smoke as I took it while she lit hers up.

"Don't ya get pissed when Twobit drinks?" I ask.

"Nah. Twobit ain't an angry drinker. He gets funnier..and nice. Hell, we've even had some pretty good conversations when he's drunk"

I stepped out my smoke. "Dally just gets meaner. Mean and bitter" I shook my head. I know the difference between a good drunk and a bad drunk. A bad drunk wants to have a fight. Dal sure was a bad drunk. That's why he always reminds me of our father.

"Two always told me that if ya really wanna know a person, get drunk with them.  They'll tell ya everything.  The good, the bad, the ugly."

My eyes snapped to her, as a light bulb went out in my Brian. "Skye! Your a genius!" I exclaim.

"I know" she smirked.

"All I gotta do is get Dally to talk and maybe he'll listen if he's drunk!" I started running down the steps.

"Brooke, where ya going?"

"To see my brother!  Maybe we can fix this!" I called back. I sure hope so. I miss my brother.

"That's not what I...." I heard faintly as I ran off with a smile. I wasn't sure how Dal was gonna react, but it couldn't be that bad..right?

I heard feet catch up to me. Skye was next to me. I knew she'd be coming. "You sure you wanna do this?" She asked.

"Yep. It's worth a shot, trust me"

We made our way to Bucks, stepping up the short porch steps as we reached the door. Here goes nothing.

Skye and I both stepped in. It wasn't crowed. There were some people here and there, but it was pretty low key.

"There they are" Skye pointed to our brothers, sitting at a table as they held a beer in their hands. There were also a few beer bottles already empty on the table.

I looked to Skye and nodded as we both walked up to em. "Hey guys" Skye greeted.

"Skye?..what are you two doin' here?" Twobit asked, clearly already starting to get hammered.

"Come on, Twobit let's go play some pool" Skye ignored his question as she pulled him up. She gave me a nod, meaning to talk to Dal now that she got her brother away.

"Oh just shut up and maybe I'll buy your ass a beer" I heard Skye grumble as she practically dragged a talkative Twobit into the other room.

"The fuck you doing here?" Dal asked lousily, the alcohol kicking in. I sat down beside him.
He just burped loudly as pushed his now empty beer bottle away. I cringed a little.

"Dal, how come you hate me so much?" I ask suddenly. It ain't like he's gonna notice or care, he's drunk.

"What?" He slurred and farrowed his brow, reaching for his cigarettes on the table.

"You heard me. How come you hate me so much?"

"Just shut up" he muttered, now fiddling with his cigarette box.

"No, I'm not gonna shut up. Just tell me why you hate me, why do you always give me such a hard time"-

"Just shut your mouth before I shut it for ya!"

"I'm just trying to talk, Dal...why do"-

"I don't do Shit! Your the one that comes in here and starts running your mouth!"

I felt the odd to familiar feeling of tears, but wouldn't dare let them fall, especially in front of Dal.

"Well maybe if you'd be a half decent brother, I wouldn't fucking have to!" I yelled as I stood. He stood as well, the familiar look of hatred burned his eyes.

"What?" He growled lowly. That scared me. That fucking scared me..but I didn't let it show.

"Okay, guys that's enough" Twobit and Skye had appeared. Twobit looked a little more sobered up by now, as he put a hand to Dal's chest.

"Fuck you, Dallas!" I hissed before turning around. I heard the grunt of Dal try to jerk forward at me, and the voice of Twobit telling him to calm down.

See what I mean, angry drunk.

I jogged down Bucks stairs after slamming the door. I quickly wiped the tears that fell as soon as I stepped outside.

"Fucking Dallas-I fucking hate him-fucking asshole" I cursed to myself as I continued to wipe tears.

"Brooke!" Skye caught up to my fast walking.

"Brooke...are you okay?"

"No" I stoped. "No...Skye, what if he never changes. He never will. I just want my big brother back" tears fell.

She wrapped me in an embrace. "I know..I know. I want him to, too"

After a minute of sniffles, I pulled away. "Can I..can I stay"-"of course you can"