114

Skye's POV

The gang is pissed. At least me and Brooke can still see each other. I wanted to go to the lot, but when I stood up, my brother ordered me to sit back down. For once, I did as I was told with no back talk. Two paced in front of me with his arms crossed. Darry was in the kitchen, slamming things around. Pony and Johnny went into his room and slammed the door. I hoped he wasn't too mad a Brooke.

Soda and Steve were still in the living room. I've never seen Soda look so mad. Steve was even frowning at me. I wished Two-Bit would just yell at me and get it over with. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Skye?!?" I didn't say anything, "for once you got nothin' to say? Dammit Skye!" I stared down at my dirty shoes, "what the fuck do I gotta do to get through that thick skull of yours?!? For fuck sakes, Skye!"

"We just wanted revenge," I muttered, realizing how stupid I sounded.

"Oh perfect! You wanted revenge! That makes it all better!" He said sarcastically.

"The charges against Cherry were dropped." I said again.

"It doesn't fuckin' matter! You better hope that there isn't another rumble because I guarantee you it won't be skin on skin!"

"What the fuck am I gonna do with you?"

"Look, Two-Bit, I'm sorry!"

"Sorry ain't enough this time. You're always sorry, but you're attitude and behavior never changes!"  Two-Bit was shaking, he was so pissed.  "Get outta my sight before I do something I'm gonna regret!" I stood up and headed toward the door, "oh hell no!" He grabbed my arm, "Ponyboy's room.  You ain't leaving this house!"

I didn't need to be told twice.  I hurried to Pony's room and shut the door.  I curled up in a ball.  For the first time in my life, I was actually scared of my brother.

Darry's POV

I paced the kitchen.  Those girls are gonna be the death of us.  I knew we need to do damage control, but I wasn't sure how.  I listened to Two-Bit chew out Skye.  I almost thought he was gonna beat her ass.  I've never heard him so angry. 

My thoughts turned to Dally and Brooke.  I hoped he didn't do anything too stupid.  Ponyboy's pissed.  Steve's pissed.  I haven't seen Soda look this angry since Mom and Dad died.

I grabbed the phone and dialed Shepard's number, "hello?"

"Curly?" I questioned, "it's Darrel, I need to talk to Tim."

Curly snickered, "he'll have to call ya back.  He's still dealing with Angela."

I closed my eyes and sighed, "fine, have him call me."  I hung up, almost feeling bad for her.  She won't be sitting down for awhile.  Tim wouldn't hesitate to beat one of his own to keep them in line.

I went back in the living room, "I called Tim to see what type of damage control we need to do."

Two-Bit still looked pissed, "what did he say?"

"He's gotta call me back.  I guess he's dealing with Angela."

"What are we gonna do about the girls?" Soda asked.  He was starting to calm down and his concern for them was starting to come out.

"I don't know, little buddy."  I sighed, " but they cannot keep pulling this bullshit."

Skye's POV

I couldn't stay in this room any longer.  I felt like I couldn't breath.  I'm gonna get in even more trouble. But that didn't stop me from climbing out the window anyway.  I lit a cigarette as I headed home.  Man, we fucked up.  Once I got home, I ran into my room and locked my door.  I wanted to call Brooke but was afraid that Dally would answer the phone.  So, I just clutched onto my pillow and concentrating on breathing, in and out...in and out.