60

Skye's POV

Brooke and I walked onto Shepard's turf. I, honestly had no idea how this was gonna go. I used to hang around with the broads that ran with the Shepard's, but Two-Bit didn't like them all that much...bad influences apparently.

"Matthews, long time no see," Angela Shepard approached me. She hadn't changed since the last time I saw her. She looked just like her brothers with the jet black hair and ice blue eyes.

"Could say the same for you," I pointed to Brooke, "Brooke, Angela Shepard."

"Brooke Winston."

Angela shot her a look, "Winston? As in Dally Winston." I could tell Angela was impressed. She brought us over the the fire where Tori, Carrie, and Nichole were, "hey, this is Brooke Winston."

Tori came over to my side, "what brings you out this way?"

"Well, Listen...Cherry and her little friends have been causing problems, even wrote that we were nasty fucking sluts in the bathroom. We're calling a rumble. 'Broads against broads'. I was hoping you'd fight with us?" I informed them, holding my breath, hoping Shepard would come through for us.

My girls and I will fight" I nodded. "I know some other girls from Brumley who also will, so don't worry I'll talk to them. When the war council?" Angela asked.

"Friday, 7pm, Tastee Freeze," Brooke spoke up.

"I'll bring the girls from the Brumly's and meet you there."

I held out my hand, "thanks, Angela. We really appreciate."

She shook it, "anything for my old friend Matthews."  She nodded toward Brooke, "see ya round, Winston."

With that, we headed back to the Curtis's.  I lit a cigarette, "that went well." Brooke seemed relieved.

"Better than I thought." I muttered.  I figured they would come through for us, but I was a little concerned.  Don't get me wrong, Angela and her gang were good fighters, but I also know that they fight dirty.

"She seems nice," Brooke said.

"So do we, but look at who we actually are."  I said it was a joke, but I dead serious.  Brooke and I are putting together a rumble.

We both laughed it off.  "What's their story?  How come we don't hang with them more?"

"Angela wanted to form a separate gang of just  broads.  She approached me about joining up with her, but Two-Bit kinda freaked out.  Not sure why...we've always had each other's backs, ya know?"  Brooke didn't say anything.  Just kinda nodded and lit a smoke of her own. "The other girls got messed up home lives too."

Once we were back on our turf, we both visibly relaxed. We walked up the stairs to the house and went in. All the guys were in the living room. Dally jumped up, "so? What did they say?"

"They'll fight with us." Brooke replied, "Angela gonna bring the rest to the council."

"Figured they would." He grabbed a beer and sat back down at the card table. Brooke glared at him. I remembered that she didn't like it when he drank. I hated seeing my best friend upset. This has been a week from hell.

I don't know what came over me, but I marched up, grabbed the beer out of his hand, and chugged it, "ya know, Winston. You're an asshole." I said as I handed him back the empty bottle.

Dally stood up, towering over me, "whaddya say to me?"

"You know Brooke hates it when ya get drunk so the fuck do you do it so much?"

Dal glared at me, while he growled at Two-Bit, "keep your sister under control."

"Would it kill ya to show a little emotion toward her?" I demanded. "These next few days are gonna be fuckin' brutal and it's be nice if you could actually be a decent brother than a piece of shit!" I snapped at him. I'm pretty sure Dal wanted to punch me, but I'm Two-Bit's sister and I don't know when to shut up. "Why'd you leave her? What was damn important that you had to leave her! She deserves a goddamn answer!" I yelled in his face.

Dally clutched the front of my shirt with his fist, "you don't get to tell me what to do with my sister." He threw me to the floor and slammed the door so hard it shook the house.

Brooke stared at me, mouth wide open. I'm not sure if she was pissed at me or not, but I meant what I said. We needed all the support we could get.