7

Brooke's POV
"So you got a thing for Ponyboy Curtis, huh?"

The girl with Cherry red hair asked. I scrunched my brows together in confusion.
"Uh..no, why?" I ask. She laughs.

"Oh just wondering..." she says 'sweetly'.
"So your a Winston right?" She asks. I nod.

"What's it to you?" I question as I jerk my head to her, a habit both Dal and I have. She shrugged.

"So the trashy hood has a sister after all?" She laughed. I clenched my fists as I walked past her to the stall.

"Oh and one more thing..stay away from Pony...we both know he wouldn't want a ghetto trash hood girl anyways" she said before leaving the bathroom.

I felt tears form in my eyes, but wouldn't dare let them fall. I shook my head as I looked in the mirror. I didn't even have to use the bathroom anymore, I just fell this huge lump in my throat as I held back my tears. 'Just tuff it out, Brooke!' I thought to myself as I walked back outside.

'Why should I listen to her?..what's she gonna do if I don't stay away from Pony, huh?' I ask myself as I walk over to the bleachers. I spot Pony, Steve, Skye, Twobit, Johnny, and some other greaser I didn't know.

I walked over to them and sit down beside Pony. He gave me a smile as I tried to do the same. "Hey, Brooke" Steve greeted as he stuffed his sandwich in his mouth.

"Oh so this is Winston's sister?" The greaser I didn't know, asked. He had black curly hair and was tall looking. I look to him and nodded "that's me" I replied.

"Cool...you wanna go out sometime, just the two of us?" He asked. I was kinda shocked. I just met this kid and he was already asking me out?

"She doesn't wanna, Curly. Just leave her alone" Pony spoke first. I looked to him and smiled as a 'thank you'.

"Well I wasn't asking you..was I Curtis!?..So how bout it Winston?" The so called, 'Curly' asked.

"Uh..no thanks, my brother would probably skin ya...and possibly me" I said with a little laugh, trying not to be rude. He nods and blows out some smoke off his cancer stick.

"Ya...getting beat by Winston isn't on my to-do list anyways" he looked around casually as he leaned against the bleachers.

"Your right, I'll bash your head in..so stay away from my sister and we won't have a problem" Dal suddenly appeared from behind the bleachers.

"Whatever" Curly mumbled as he took another drag. Dal glared at him til he walked up to me and took a seat.

"Meet me at the Dingo after school"-he grabbed Steve's sanchwish and started eating it, with a "hey!" from Steve.

"Okay, but why?" I ask. He shrugs and takes another big bite of Steve's sandwich. "Just wanna hang out for a while" he says.
—————————————-
After school~
"You coming?" Pony asked as he opened Two-bit back door. I shook my head.

"Nah, I gotta meet Dal at the Dingo. Said he wanted to hang out and walk around town with me" I said.

"Okay...well, will I see you at my house tonight?" He asked. I nodded "probably" I said before leaning closer to ask him something.

"Hey, who's that girl...red hair..fancy looking?" I ask, referring to the girl who confronted me earlier. Pony nods "that's Cherry...Cherry Valence" he said. I nodded "oh okay...see ya" I called as I walked off.

I walked down the street, heading to the Dingo. I stuck my hand in my pocket and grabbed a pack of gum and started chewing on a piece. I put the pack back in my pocket as I continued walking.

Suddenly, I heard a car engine trailing behind me. As I glanced back, I saw a red corvette trailing behind me. I wasn't sure if I should run or keep my head down. Worst comes to worst, I could fight the best I could and hopefully beat them.

'Fuck it! Just make it to the Dingo, to Dallas!' I thought as I started sprinting down the road. Of course, the car is faster. It swerved in front of me, causing me to come to a fast halt.

I gulped as Cherry, and her boys got out in front of me. 1 girl, 3 boys, against 1 girl. If it was just Cherry, no problem...but her and 3 guys about Dal's age...I don't know.

"We meet again" Cherry steps closer to me. "What did I tell you about staying away from him" she spoke lowly. I suddenly flipped my blade out of my pocket and held it tight in my hand, done with her bullshit.

"Aww look at this...little Winston growing up?" She laughed, as did her 'little friends'. She looked back at her friends before jerking her head towards me. They smirked and started walking over to me. There was no hiding it, I was scared. If only Dallas were here...