159

Brooke's POV
Dally and I walked back to bucks after a long night of being back with the gang. I was only glad Darry and the boys had let us back in. Not gonna lie, I felt relieved that I was back with my brother in a way. Back in the protection of the same gang.

"Dal?" I asked, as we continued walking to Buck's. one thing I noticed after my 'juvy visit' my voice had become different...fragile.

"Brooke?" He asked back.

"Why do you always hate me?" I asked suddenly as the thought came to mind. He slowed down a little, knitting his brows together.

"Whatdya mean?"

"I mean when you act like you don't give a shit about me"-

"Woah, when have I ever said I don't give a shit about you?" He fully stoped, sounding like he took offence.

"Every time you go get fucked up, or leave without telling me where, or when you yell at me for no reason, or when you leave me behind for 4 fucking years" the last party slipped out.

He stared at me, mouth hung slightly open like he always did when he was mad or confused. He then scrunched his brows together, something he does when he can't admit he's wrong. "Brooke"-he sighed-"ya know I never wanted to leave you"-

"Then why did you?" That came out harsher then intended.

"Because I was selfish..okay? I was fucking selfish and didn't think. Hell, I was 13, getting arrested, involved with bad crowds, next thing I knew I was arrested and in Tulsa"

I stayed silent, listening to my brother like I never had before.

"I know I should've never left you there, especially with that piece of shit we call 'dad'...I'm sorry" he swallowed.

There it was. There was the apology I've been waiting for since...to long. "It's okay, Dal. I understand why you left" I sighed. "Just...please, Dal"-you could hear the tears in my eyes-"don't ever leave me again"

I barley knew what had hit me when I was embraced in a hug. A hug by my older brother, Dallas Winston. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I sighed.

"I promise, man" he gave a gentle pat on my back before pulling away.

"Can we please go now?..I got a rep to keep up with, and standing here hugging my sister won't do it any good" he smirked playfully. I did the same, nodding, before continuing walking.

I glanced over at my brother, smirking. He looked over and caught my smirk, doing the same. Quickly, he pushed my playfully, making me stumble sideways a little. For the first time in a long time, I heard my brother laugh, as he started running down the road, looking back at me. Laughing, I started running up to him, trying to catch him. Our laugher could be heard from blocks as we ran.

I finally found my brother.

————————————————————
The end