127

Dal's POV
"You ready?" I asked Twobit from the Curtis couch. We planned to go see our sisters today. Pony and Steve wanted to tag along, but Darry suggested to give Twobit and I 'our time' first.

"Sure am" Twobit grinned.

We walked out to his car as I took the passenger and he drove.

When we got to the detention center where the girls were being held, we walked ahead in to the front desk.

"Hello ma'am, we're here to see Skye Mathews and Brooke Winston, our sisters" Twobit played nice. However, for me, I was just standing there glaring at anyone who even looked at us. I didn't like it here.

"I'm afraid Brooke Winston isn't able to have visitors"-my head snapped towards the lady-"but Skye may" she said.

I grabbed her by the collar across the desk. I didn't like laying my hands on girls, but it's different when it comes to my sister. "What the hell do ya mean she can't have visitors" I growl.
Twobit put a hand on my shoulder.

"She got into an altercation with some of the other girls" the lady explained. I farrowed my brow. I thought I told her to keep her head down.

"Now, if you'll come with me, I'll show y'all where you can talk to Skye" she said as she guided us to a room where mirrors and phone communications were.

"She'll be right out" the lady said before leaving.

Twobit and I shared a look. "Thought those 5 were suppose to stick together" Twobit said. I only shrugged. I knew my sister, and I know she doesn't anyways think, especially in heat of the moment.

Soon enough, Skye came over and sat across from us through the glass. We both immediately recognized the damage done on her face. We each picked up a phone so we could talk.

"Who roughed you up!?" Twobit immediately asked.

"Just some girls...It's fine" Skye shrugged. I knew she was lying. Before I could ask about Brooke, Twobit did.

"So what happened with Brooke?"

"Don't know all the detail but, she heard some girls talking shit...bragging about how they jumped me. Apparently Brooke jumped on em after that" Skye explained. Part of me was proud of my sister for being loyal, the other part wanted to strangle her for being so stupid.

"Where she being held?..she doing okay!?" I leaned closer, as did Skye.

"Don't worry, Dally. I go down there to see her without getting caught. She's in this place called 'the quiet room'" Skye whispered. I knew what those rooms were, and they weren't pretty.

"Fuck" I muttered, hitting the phone against the glass. "I need a minute..meet ya outside" I muttered to Twobit for' heading out.

Once I got out, I leaned against the building and lit a cigarette. I hated the thought of Brooke being in there, let alone by herself in a dark room. Its hard to believe but, I just wanna barge in there, hold her tight, and tell her everything's gonna be just fine.