42

(TW: Body image)

(TW: Body image)

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 42
The opportunities in America

“Hey, I’m going through a tough time.” I spoke into my phone. 

“Oh god,” Ash sighed. “I saw the news about.. You know.. How bad is it?” 

“Well.” I snorted. “I don’t get to debut with the group anymore, I didn’t technically have a relationship with anyone, JYP doesn’t trust me enough so I have to earn his trust back, and I’m alone at my dorms more than half the time.” 

“Oh no.” Ash replied. “And you’re going to stay there?”

“I don’t want to anymore.. I think? I don’t know I just feel confused.” I sat on my bed. “I mean I even dropped out of school for this, it’s embarrassing if I just come back.” 

“Have you contacted your parents?” They asked. 

“No, I don’t want to live with them anymore but I also don’t think I have another choice. What if they don’t take me back? I’m already 19 years old.”

“I’ll take you in, I live alone anyway.” Ash chuckled. “But this is only temporary!” 

“Of course! I just need time to think.. To think if I want to stay in America.” I said. 

“Well, if no other opportunities come for you in Korea then I think you should come back and see your potential here.” Ash said before we say our goodbyes and hang up.

Maybe they were right, maybe there’s something waiting for me back in America. 

I got my bag and walked back to the JYP building, I made sure to have my mask one but I don’t need any escort anymore I suppose. Maybe they just want me to be ambushed. 

Another long day spent in the building, my voice was tired and sore from trying to hit a high note I couldn’t reach but somehow my teacher said I can do it. She forced it. My rap has got better and I was happy about that, at least I got that right. 

Maybe I can be as good as Changbin or Soyeon! I hope I can rap as good and also as fast as they can, I think that I can rap about my whole life or give advice in the form of rap if I keep up with this. 

At least I was happy about something for once. 

It didn’t last long though, the new headlines in dispatch were the new “couple” in kpop. 

It was Nancy from Momoland and Felix. Yes, the Felix from Stray Kids. Him.

I need to distract myself now more than ever, I look stupid and the comments from the public weren’t helping either. I felt even more devastated than before.