44

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 44
A little rest stop

Alaska’s POV 

“I missed you so much!” Ash hugged me as tight as she could. 

I just arrived in America and we were still at the airport, it was a nice change. 

“I missed you too!” I hugged back. 

“You dummy! Why didn't you ever tell me that you left for Korea? I didn’t even know until you were there! You never got to say goodbye!” Ash playfully slapped my arm. 

“I didn’t have enough time to say bye! They just took me out of nowhere.” I chuckled as we walked through the airport.

“That’s so rude of them! Anyways, how are you? You know you can’t avoid this conversation.” Ash asked as we made it to their car.

“Well… Gosh Ash why do you always have to ask me the hard questions first!” I groaned.

“It’s the only way to get past this mess, you want to move on from the shitty feelings you have? You have to talk about it whether you like it or not. I know it’s hard and painful to talk about but I know you can get past this.” Ash smiled. “And also remember, you may have crushes on people but after 4 months of liking them it could turn into love and you don’t want that.” 

“Is it because I’ll get attached?” I snorted as I got into the car with them.

“Yes. Remember Josh?” Ash deadpanned.

“That… That was a huge mistake.” I sighed. 

• • •

As we got to Ash’s apartment I set down my things in an empty guest room and meet them on the couch. It was already 10PM so we set up a movie and got popcorn to eat during it. 

It didn’t last long though because as soon as the lights were dim, Ash looked at me with a serious look. “Tell me everything.”

“Fine,” I sighed as I began to tell them everything that has happened to me while being in korea. 

• • •

“She WHAT? She’s literally so weird what the hell, how did you keep up with all of her dramatic and useless attitude.” Ash scoffed as they brought their blanket to their face.

“I don’t know… Maybe because I wanted the group to work out, I was just trying my best to fit in and stay in the group.” I shook my head. “I think it may have been the worst decision I’ve ever made.”

“No honey, you letting Felix kiss you was the worst decision you’ve ever made.” Ash snorted. 

“You know what,” I frowned before breaking out into a grin. “You’re right!”

Both of us laughed together at my past fling with an idol, I should pretend I don’t know him anymore. I mean the whole public now thinks he’s the one who kissed her instead of me, and they’re in a “relationship” and have been for weeks.

The public seemed to eat it all up. 

But seeing the hateful comments… That’s something I can’t turn back and I keep getting them no matter what I do.

“Why are they saying that Felix would never date you? Stupid-” Ash scoffed as they turned off their phone. “Felix was literally the one to kiss you- I can’t do this anymore!” 

Ash leaves the room to get something from the kitchen which leaves me alone to think, I really missed Ash. Ash has always put me in my place and kept me humble but also reminded me who I was as a person, I would have an identity crisis and Ash just always seemed to help me find myself. 

They were there for me when I was with Josh.

A horrible mistake.

I don’t know why I keep making mistakes but the thought of being in a relationship with someone was something I've always wanted. Ash reminded me that I can’t keep getting in and out of relationships so quickly, I should work on myself. And that’s what I was currently doing.

Since I quit JYPE I can now open my instagram account! I actually already made it but kept it private because I was scared. I was scared the public would find it and bully me, dating scandals aren’t fun and it looks like I was trying to steal Felix away from Nancy because it’s shown very well in the survival show that Felix and I got close.

“You got this, just press the screen and make it public.” Ash came back into the room with a smile. 

“I don’t know.. I mean, I think the drama should die down a little bit.” I shrugged.

“I took some good photos of you at the airport though.” Ash pouted as they sat down. 

“I wasn’t even prepared, I look bad.” I groaned. 

“Stop talking about yourself like that! You look like a sexy egg.” Ash giggled. 

“A sexy egg-” I furrowed my eyebrows. “Fine!”

“Yes!” Ash clapped their hands together. “You got this you sexy egg!” 

I chuckled before making my profile public and posting a photo, JYPE can’t do anything to me now. I felt a lot more better now actually, Ash really brightened my mood.

“You got some idols- Oh my! Dawn, Hyuna, and Jessi follow you!” Ash gasped which made me follow them back almost immediately. “You’re famous!” 

“Chill! I only have 4 followers right now.” I laughed.

“I hope the survival show viewers find your social media, I don’t even know how that happens though.” Ash said.

“Yeah, how do the fans find idols social medias all the time? They’re so fast-” 

Suddenly my phone started to blow up and people started following me one my one, I was now at 10k followers holy crap.

“You got clout woo!” Ash sat back with a pizza slice in her hand.

“Wait you have pizza? And you didn’t tell me?” My eyes widened as I rushed to Ash’s kitchen and open the pizza box that was placed on the kitchen counter.

Long story short, I ate well that night.

Ash said that we would go to the mall the next day so I should go to sleep well and not stay up all night.

They clearly don’t know what it’s like to be a trainee, I barely get sleep as a trainee and work late hours and early as well. Even when I’m asleep I get nervous because I’m not doing anything. 

Being a trainee is harder than fans think.

I wish I was still just a fan.