2

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 2Decisions

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 2
Decisions

Alaska's POV

After I finished the performance I felt like crap to be completely honest. I danced with every last bit of energy I had but I didn't think it was enough. People still messed up, I guess that's okay but it really affects the score. I was scared.

I was trying to control my breathing at the end of three performances as I held my ending pose, it was hard. The others managed to hold the ending pose as well but I could tell they were even more tired than I was. I felt bad because I know they want to show their potential but just because you work hard for something doesn't mean you're enough. Sometimes doing your absolute best still isn't enough...

My team all went into a straight line and bowed down to the audience who cheered which made my heart feel warm. They seemed to like it which made me happy. The dance team got on stage with us which slightly made me uncomfortable. Please judges, let us pass we worked so hard for this performance and some students got really upset at me. What if I overworked them all for nothing?

"Looking at the results we did see something that the dance team didn't really have and compared it to ABO." Mr. Spellman said. "But there's also something in the dance team that ABO hasn't perfected."

You swallowed harshly as you placed your hands behind your back and look down for a few seconds and then proceed to look back up at your fate.

"The dance team has had no mistakes in their performance, everything was executed perfectly while ABO made mistakes." Ms. Waters said. "ABO looked prepared but they seem to have not a lot of practice and they struggle to achieve some parts."

Mr. Spellman looked at Ms. Waters and nodded his head agreeing with her, my heart was beating so fast. Was she going to eliminate us then? I started to look down in disappointment, it was my fault that my team didn't do their very best.

"However," Mr. Spellman spoke. "The dance team played it safe like they always do. It gets boring to watch performances with little to no new surprising and exciting dance moves. You cannot see the charisma and passion in their moves, it's like a robot that's being forced to dance."

I looked up with hope in my eyes, was it true? They really meant that?

"I agree with Spellman," Ms. Waters smiled softly. "ABO has shown their true colors, it looks like they work hard for what they are passionate about. You guys work as a team but also individually, there are some things you lack in but all you need is more practice. You guys seem like a true team, I see the feelings and emotions written all over the dance your faces."

Mr. Spellman stood up with Ms. Waters and smiled proudly. "ABO has passed, you are now officially this school's second dance group."

I looked at my team who immediately cheered and jumped up in excitement, we did it. They all hugged each other while I stood alone watching them with a smile on my face.