Wedding planning

(time skip 1 week)

"Princess Y/N," I turn away from the window smiling "Your mother has arrived, she is awaiting you in the throne room." I smile brightly "Thank you Edric." he bows swiveling on his heel before leaving. I skip along the corridors to the throne room skidding to a halt by the doors. The two guards smile and push them open.

Walking inside I run over to my mother hugging her tightly "You didn't have to come all this way you know." she chuckles "Of course I did dear, you don't think I would leave you to plan everything on your own did you?" I laugh pulling away "I'm glad you're here." Thrandruil smiles softly "It is going to be a grand wedding." my mother nods "Absolutely." I sigh "I'm not sure whether to be scared or exited."

Mother chuckles cupping my face "Don't worry sweetheart everything is going to be amazing." we leave the throne room and Legolas appears in deep discussion with another elf that I recognize as the captain of the guard Valson, who took over when Tauriel moved to the mountain. "Legolas wonderful to see you again." he smiles kissing her on both cheeks "You as well." she smiles brightly bowing to Captain "Queen M/N at your service." he smiles "Captain Valson at yours."

She beams "Legolas I'm afraid I must have a moment of your time, unless of course Captain Valson is urgent?" he shakes his head "Not at all." he bows and walks away "Wonderful, come along you two." I take Legolas's hand as we follow her through Mirkwood "Where are we going?" she turns beaming "I need some opinions on some things then you won't need to help with any of the other preparations." 

"I'm sorry?" she chuckles "My dear I've been planning you're wedding since you were born. How did you think your brother got married so quickly?" I shrug "I never really thought about it." she pats my hand "Of course not. Of course I will need a few more things from you but this will be very stress free for the both of you." 

We walk into what I assume is her room where one of her maids is laying out fabrics. "Thank you Lilia." she bows moving to the side of the room "Alright I need you to decide a colour scheme, venue, cake and music." 

Legolas stares wide eyed "I wouldn't even know where to begin." I nod "Can't we just have a simple wedding?" she shakes her head "Absolutely not, now colour?" I sigh "Blue and white." Legolas nods and she smiles "Wonderful, venue?" Legolas smiles "Here." I nod "I agree." 

"Excellent, cake?" I laugh "What about it?" she sighs "Flavor?" I grin "Vanilla." 

"Alright and finally music?" Legolas smiles "Well both our homes have some very skilled musicians how about a mixture of both?" I smile kissing his cheek "That's a wonderful idea." Mother nods "Excellent, Legolas you may go. Y/N I need you to stay just a moment." I give Legolas a light hug kissing him gently before he leaves "You need to pick out a fabric for your gown." I admire all the fabrics laid out brushing my fingers along them before selecting a (colour) one. "This one." she nods "Excellent, I'll have the seamstress draw up some designs." she takes my hands in her beaming "I can't believe you're getting married. You look so happy." I grin "I am happy." she nods "And that is all that matters."