Dragon

I close my eyes and focus on flicking through book titles finding three on dragons. They appear in front of me and I open my eyes smiling "Okay lets get reading." I take the book on the top and scan the pages "Okay so for the first two years all it will need is milk. Thats easy enough. Then it will eat meat but only needs feeding once a week." I continue reading and smile "Well it shouldn't grow very much for a while and they only reach their full size when their one hundred." Arwen laughs "Your going to have your hands full." I smile "I'm sure I'll be fine."

She puts the book down shes reading "That ones not helpful unless you plan on killing it." I smile "I've already helped kill one and I think that's enough." she laughs slightly "Can I watch it hatch?" I nod "I just need to work out where I can get milk from." She smiles "We have cows, could you use your magic to duplicate the milk?" I nod "I could try." we both stand and I retrieve the egg from my room while Arwen goes to the kitchen to ask for a bucket of milk. 

We meet by the river in an empty clearing "Okay." I put the egg down gently and Arwen steps back slightly "Skylar." The egg moves slightly and small cracks appear along the sides. Small parts of the egg fall away to reveal claws, then an eye, then a foot. The whole egg falls to pieces and out falls a tiny dragon, its scales are a midnight blue with flecks of gold on the end of each one. Its eyes are a startling green and its claws are black. It sneezes and smoke comes out of its nose. "Hello little one." it walks forward unsteadily and unfolds little wings the same colour as its scales.

It is about as long as my forearm but its tail is maybe half a meter long, I sit on the ground and it falls into my lap purring quietly. I smile and Arwen walks over with the milk and a bottle. "Hungry?" within minutes the baby dragon has drained the bucket. I smile and Arwen tilts her head "How do you tell if its male or female?" I shrug "Its a girl." "How do you know?" I shake my head "I don't know, just a feeling." Are you my mother I jump slightly feeling the dragons voice in my head though it is soft,Yes, I'm going to look after you. Skylar closes her eyes and falls asleep small curls of smoke coming out her nose as she snores quietly.

I pick her up and put her on my shoulders so her head is on one and her tail is draped over the other. "Congratulations, you're now a mother." I smile and laugh slightly "I guess so." we walk back into the main city and I walk over to the stables. I spot Ivy and smile walking over, I stroke her nose and she head buts me lightly "I missed you too." I comb my fingers through her main and smile "Ivy this is Skylar." she sniffs the dragon and neighs quietly "Well I'm going to raise her so I'm glad you like her." 

Arwen smiles sadly "You're leaving aren't you?" I nod "I've seen pain and death and know I can help." she nods and I smile "But first a visit home is long overdue." she smiles and we walk back into the main building, she bows and disappears into her own room. I walk to my own and pack my belongings leaving my armour and weapons out. What are you doing? I smile at Skylar who is looking at me curiously Packing, We're going home. She nods and lays her head back down swishing her tail side to side slightly.