Home

We reach the main gate and two guards appear "Who are you?" I smile "Princess Y/N and Prince Legolas of  the woodland realm." the gates creak open and we dismount leading the horses forward with Skylar next to me. The palace doors swing open and my mother appears closely followed by my father. I run over to them meeting my mother halfway across the courtyard hugging her tightly "Your home. Your safe. Thank goodness. We where so worried. You didn't send a letter for so long, oh what have you been doing?" I smile pulling away so I can look her in the eye "It may take a while to explain." 

I hug my father tightly and he kisses my forehead "I'm so glad your safe." I smile and pull away "Y/N?" I swivel and Aillard runs towards me picking me up and spinning me around "Where have you been?" I laugh "Everywhere." he grins "Why's the blond princling with you?" I smile walking over to Legolas and taking his hand in mine "Surprise?" My mother grins clapping her hands together "Oh that's wonderful, I thought you would never settle." 

I roll my eyes and Skylar walks forward, Aillard grins "Wow. You've grown." Skylar sits back on her hind legs smiling "I'm going to get a lot bigger." he nods and I smile "Where's Daciana, Alex and Lilly?" he smiles "Daciana is sleeping, Lilly is in the library and Alex is probably trailing Ailmar." I smile and my mother sighs "Well come inside the both of you. Y/N you have a lot of explaining to do." I nod and a servant comes over leading away our horses. "Can I go the library?" I nod and Skylar walks away.

Legolas and I follow my parents and Aillard inside and into the throne room where a table is laid for lunch. Two more places are hastily laid and I sit down next Aillard. The doors open again and Lilly runs in shortly followed by Alex. I walk over and hug them both tightly "It's good to see you again little ones." Lilly grins "Have you brought any more stories?" I nod "Lots." we walk over to the table and sit down. 

"So Y/N what have you been doing that is so important you can't send messages to your own family." I smile at Legolas placing my hands in my lap "Helping to destroy the one ring and save Middle Earth." they all looked shocked and my mother gapes "The ring has been destroyed?" I nod and Legolas smiles "Thrown into the fires of Mount Doom by a halfling." I nod "Bilbo's nephew Frodo." she nods slightly "So Sauron is destroyed?" I nod and my father leans back in his chair "You must have been on quite a journey." 

I chuckle and nod "You've been on an adventure?" I smile at Alex "Yes." he nods slightly "Ailmar helped you didn't he?" I nod "Yes he did." he grins "He's been teaching me how to use a sword." I raise an eyebrow "Really?" he nods proudly and my brother smiles "And your getting very good." my mother smiles "Please continue Y/N I want to know everything."