Labor

Legolas P/O/V:

I turn to my father across the table "Do you have the letters from Rivendell?" he nods not looking up from what he is reading "Under the jug." I stand and take them out turning when the door bursts open one of the healers running in "Sorry to intrude your Majesty, your highness. But Princess Y/N has gone into labor." the paper I am holding falls to the ground "Labor? The baby? Shes not due for another three weeks." the healer smiles slightly "They are early." it finally dawns on me that my wife is in labor "Where is she? Is she alright? Take me to her please." 

The healer bobs in a curtsy before turning and leaving the room, I hastily follow running into the room where Y/N is lying on our bed surrounded by healers. I run to her side taking her hand in mine and brushing the hair out of her face "Are you alright? How are you feeling? Can I get you anything?"

She lets out a small laugh still looking beautiful despite everything. "Alright dear I need you start pushing." Y/N groans gripping my hand tightly "It hurts." I nod kissing her temple "I know love its not for long." a healer places a bowl of water on the floor taking out several cloths. 

The next half hour is awful. Pain is written all over Y/N's face and her screams go right through me. I keep reassuring her that everything is alright but with all the blood I am not entirely sure. I just keep gripping her hand until she finally relaxes. The elder healer stands a bundle of blankets in her arms "Congratulations its a beautiful baby girl." she hands me the blankets "I hope you're ready to push again dear, the other will be along shortly."

We must both look equally shocked because she smiles "Twins. We were not sure until she started labor. Elvish pregnancy's are always difficult." Y/N groans leaning back in the pillows "Can I sleep first?" the healer chuckles "No dear, but it won't be long and by the end you will have two beautiful children." she nods and I stare at the bundle in my arms she has beautiful e/c just like her mother and a few strands of blond hair stuck to her head. "Alright dear time to push again."

Another healer comes forward taking the girl from me so I can hold Y/N's hand once more placing a hand on her forehead "Its going to be alright my love, just keep pushing." she nods and after ten minutes we have two beautiful daughters. The healers clean everything up and Y/N is dozing in the pillows the two girls sleeping in their crib. Two children. Two beautiful baby girls. In my opinion the look just like Y/N but she reckons they look like me. I sit next to her on the bed watching them sleep.

Your P/O/V:

Yawning I blink my eyes open I smile at Legolas "Hey." he grins "I have two little ones who would like to meet you." I push myself into a sitting position taking one of our daughters from him holding her gently "She's beautiful." he nods cradling the other "They both are, we still need to settle on names." 

I sigh looking into his eyes "Any ideas?" he shrugs "I like Riva." I nod "I like Riva and how about Eirian?" he grins "Sounds perfect." I lean my head on his shoulder "Riva and Eirian Greenleaf our little girls." he nods kissing my cheek then my lips "They are perfect." we sit in silence until there is a tentative knock at the door, Thrandruil walking into the room shortly after "Ada meet your granddaughters. Riva and Eirian."