The morning after

I roll over onto my back and rub a hand over my eyes jumping at the feel of metal against my cheek. Holding my hand up I grin watching the sunlight bounce of the jewel. "Good morning my love." I smile tilting my head slightly so I can see Legolas's face "Good morning." Legolas loops an arm around my waist taking my hand in his while running a finger over my ring several times "It looks perfect on you love." I blush slightly "It's beautiful." he chuckles "Your beauty outshines every jewel in the kingdom." my blush deepens and I gape at him a moment causing him to laugh.

He sits up slightly leaning back against the headboard and I lean back against him my head resting on his chest "We have a lot of planning to do." he chuckles running his fingers down my arm gently "Yes we do love." I sigh "Do you know anything about planning a wedding?" he laughs "No, but I'm sure your mother and sister in law will help." I nod "I'll write to them later today, but I'm actually quite hungry." Legolas chuckles "We'd better fix that, I'll be right back my love." he slides out from behind me and tugs on some clothes before leaving. I can hear his footsteps retreating down the corridor and fall back into the cushions a bright smile on my face. Y/N Greenleaf. Mr and Mrs Greenleaf. I giggle to myself, I like the sound of that.

Legolas returns with a platter of fruits and places it on the bed between us "My lady." I giggle picking up a grape and popping it in my mouth "Thank you." he grins "Only the best for you my love." I feel my face heating up again and drop his gaze focusing no the fruits taking time to select a strawberry and eating it slowly. Once we have finished our breakfast I stand and bathe before finding a pale blue dress to put on. "Does your father know about the proposal?" Legolas nods "I had to ask him for the ring." I smile "Well that's a relief. Our parents know so its just friends and the rest of my family." 

He nods wrapping his arms around my waist "I suppose the first thing we should make is a guest list. Then settle a date and venue before trying to work out everything else." I smile wrapping my arms around his neck "Excellent idea. I suppose I had better write the letter to my mother and officially tell my family we are engaged." he leans down brushing his lips over mine "I suspect my father will host a party to celebrate." I sigh "I don't mind, because I get to spend to the rest of my life with you and I can't think of anything that would make me more happy." grinning he kisses my gently cupping my face in one hand "I love you so much Y/F/N. I will spend every minute of our lives making you happy and reminding you of it." I giggle running my fingers through his hair "I love you too Legolas Greenleaf. More than I can ever show."