Dancing

Legolas sweeps us onto the dance floor placing a hand gently on my waist I place mine delicately on his shoulder as we swirl around the dance floor my dress fanning out around us. I get lost in the music and Legolas's eyes as we twirl around several other couples soon joining in weaving in and out of each other as the music sweeps across the room taking everyone away with it. 

The song comes to an end and Legolas pulls me in close leaning his forehead against mine as he dips me. I wrap an arm around his neck and close my eyes as we twirl one last time before the music comes to an end. Legolas grins kissing my knuckles then my cheek "You dance beautifully my love." I giggle and the music starts up again "You as well." 

When the second song ends and Aillard taps my shoulder gently "May I steal your next dance?" Legolas steps away and I take my brothers hand "Of course you may." he grins "You look so beautiful." I smile "Thank you." we spin around "I like seeing you so happy. It better stay that way." I laugh rolling my eyes "I love Legolas with all my heart please don't hurt him." he nods "I won't and I know if he hurts you that you are perfectly capable of hurting him back."

I laugh and kiss his cheek when the dance comes to an end "May I?" I turn smiling at my father "Of course you can." my father has always been an elegant dancer so I let the music take over as he leads me around the floor "I am happy for you my dear," I smile "I hope there will be another celebration soon." I look at him confused and he chuckles "Your Mother is gossiping about how beautiful her grandchildren are going to be." I stare at him blankly causing him to laugh again "Did you expect anything else from her?" I shake my head slightly "I suppose not." 

I dance with Ailmar, Thorin, Aragorn and Elrond before I get back to Legolas "I feel like I haven't seen you in hours." I laugh kissing him gently leaning my head on his shoulder "Would you like to dance again?" I smile "In a minute." we watch the hobbits start doing a lively dance and they are soon joined by the dwarves and the younger elves. 

The party goes on for hours before people begin to drift away, most are staying but a few are traveling back to where they came from. Eventually Legolas and I manage to break away and walk back to our room. Shutting the door Legolas grins leaning against it "You look incredible." I blush and he takes a step forward "Although you would look much better without it." I blush furiously and start removing my jewelry before beginning to undo the back of my dress as Legolas takes another step forward removing his tunic "I love you Y/N Greenleaf." I wrap my arms around his neck "I love you too Legolas Greenleaf, so much." I run my fingers through his hair gently bring his face down to mine and kissing him gently...