Survivors

I continue on through the dead trying not to look at faces. I spot a small hobbit and quickly run over to them as they pick up a green cloak. "Pippin?" he turns and I hug him gently "Oh thank goodness." he starts crying into my shoulder and I rub circles into his back trying to calm him down "We'll find him. Merry will be alright." he nods and sniffs pulling away clutching the cloak tightly. 

The two of us walk over to Aragorn and the others. I hug Legolas tightly and kiss his cheek before helping the others comb the ground for survivors. I see Eowen being carried away and pray that she will be alright. We find very few still alive and I use my magic to help stabilize the ones I find before calling for the others to help carry them into the city.

After several hours the sky begins to darken and Pippin is still searching desperately for Merry. I try to use my magic to trace him but am tired and can't focus on much with so many dead bodies around. I collect a ball of fire in my hand and watch Skylar circling over the ground scanning for any more survivors occasionally dipping down and lifting a body into the air, carrying it to the city. Pippin starts calling out Merry's name while spinning in circles and looking everywhere, I follow him keeping my arm up high so the light illuminates as much ground as possible.

Pippin must see something as he runs of over to a dead mumakil and pushes a dark mass of another. I run over and find him crouching over the other hobbit. The two exchange words and Pippin wraps his friend up in his cloak from Lothlorien,  I pick Merry up carefully and Pippin follows not taking his eyes of his friend and often stumbling as he is not looking where he is going. 

We reach the city and hand Merry to a healer Pippin chasing after them. I smile slightly at the two and jump when someone wraps their arms around my waist. I wince slightly and he instantly pulls away "Where hurts?" I smile "It's nothing, don't worry." he shakes his head "No if your injured you should see a healer." I smile and press my hand to my side concentrating my magic on it. 

Legolas smiles slightly "Or heal your self, just as long as your alright." I nod and smile "Just tired." he nods "Come on." we walk up through the white city and into the castle at the top. I hug Gandalf gently and smile at Gimli who just nods before wandering of. "Rest my dear and we shall talk in the morning." I nod and smile at Gandalf before walking with Legolas to a small room with a makeshift bed pushed against one wall.

I take of my armor and weapons leaving them in a pile in the corner. Leaving me in a tunic and loose trousers. I kick of my boots for good measure and lay down next to Legolas leaning my head on his chest "Sleep well my love." I smile "I love you to Legolas."

The next morning I wake early to find I can't move. Legolas has his arms wrapped tightly around me and our legs are tangled together. His breathing is deep and steady so I assume he is still asleep. I close my eyes and enjoy the peacefulness of it after so much running and fighting, I realize this is the first time we've slept in the same bed.