Caradhras

We walk for several miles and the ground beneath our feet soon turns to snow. The hobbits struggle slightly but we continue on. Frodo stumbles and falls backwards but Aragorn helps him up as he brushes off the snow. The ring is laying in the snow and Boromir picks it up admiring it, everyone turns watching him Aragorn speaks "Boromir." he smiles "It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt, over so small a thing. Such a little thing."

He reaches up with his other hand but Aragorn speaks loudly "Boromir! Give the Ring to Frodo." slowly he approaches them and Frodo snatches the ring from him quickly "As you wish. I care not." Boromir ruffles Frodos hair before turning and walking up towards the rest of us. I notice that Aragorn had his hand clenched around his sword hilt but he lets go once Boromir has walked away. We all turn and resume walking. 

"Why is Gandalf so reluctant to go through Moria?" I frown and turn to Legolas "Something evil dwells there." he nods and I watch Skylar jump into the snow melting all the snow around her to leave a perfect dragon shape in the snow. We continue on and end up walking along a small outcrop a sheer drop one side and a snow-covered wall on the other. The others soon become deep in the snow while Legolas and I walk along the top.

Aragorn and Boromir are both carrying the hobbits are struggling. Legolas walks to the front and I reach down using my magic to make the hobbits lighter so that they are less of a burden. I walk towards Legolas and follow his gaze into the wind "There is a fell voice on the air." I scowl recognising it. "It's Saruman." I nod and push Legolas away from the edge as several large blocks of snow and ice falling crashing into the ledge. 

Aragorn's voice reaches my ears through the cracking of rock and the wind "He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf, we must turn back!" he shakes his head "No!" I frown I do not wish to go to Moria but the hobbits and Gimli are struggling in the snow and Saurman's spell is growing stronger. I kneel down and press my hands into the snow speaking an incantation to try and stop Saurman's spell. Gandalf stands tall and does the same chanting a spell.

A bolt of lightning hits the rock above us and it starts to crumble. I use my magic to protect everyone as best I can but an avalanche of snow falls onto us trapping everyone underneath. I can hear the others resurfacing and someone grabs my arm pulling me up. I manage a small smile "Thanks." Legolas nods and we turn to see the others digging their way out of the snow shivering hard. "We must get off the mountain. Make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!"

Aragorn frowns "The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard!" Gimli nods "We cannot pass over the mountain. Let us go under it. Let us go through the Mines of Moria." Gandalf's face turns grave and I turn to look him in the eye "I fear the same as you but the mountain is not stable." he nods "Let the Ring-bearer decide." Boromir looks up "We cannot stay here. This will be the death of the Hobbits."

Gandalf looks directly at Frodo "Frodo?" he shivers "We will go through the mines." Gandalfs face turns grave "So be it." we turn and start walking back down towards the entrance to Moria. I help all I can with the hobbits before we are back on stone and the snow is left behind. The hobbits keep their cloaks wrapped tightly around them and I watch them carefully making sure non of them are sick. 

We walk down for what seems like hours. Gandalf pulls Frodo aside and I focus on other things so I can not hear their conversation which Gandalf clearly wants to keep private. Gimli steps up and points in front of us "The walls of Moria." the walls are a deep grey and there are large rocks laying on the ground. "Dwarf doors are invisible when closed." I smile remembering Erebor.

Gandalf smiles slightly "Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them if their secrets are forgotten." Legolas looks around "Why doesn't that surprise me?" Gimli grows slightly and I watching the others bash on the rock trying to find the door. We continue along the lakeshore until Gandalf stops running his hand along a piece of rock and starts whispering to himself "Well, let's see. Ithildin. It mirrors only starlight and moonlight."

The moon shines through the cloud to reveal the outline of a door. Gandalf smiles "It reads, The doors of Durin Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter." Merry frowns "What do you suppose that means?" Gandalf smiles "It's simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password and the doors will open." I smile and sit on a nearby rock knowing this could take some time. Gandalf puts his staff against the wall and starts chanting before pulling away and trying again. 

Pippen smiles "Nothings happening." I smile at the hobbit and Gandalf frowns trying to push the door "I once knew every spell in all the tongues of Elves, Men and Orcs." Merry speaks up "What are you going to do then?" I smile at the ground and Gandalf scowls "Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try and find the opening words."