Ring

Legolas P/O/V:

I walk slowly back towards my farther wondering how to ask for mothers ring. Apparently it has been in my family for millennium. I walk back into the room and sit opposite my father smiling slightly "I know we have not seen each other in a while, but I have an important question to ask you." he leans forward slightly looking concerned "Is something wrong?" I shake my head smiling brighter "I want to ask Y/N for her hand in marriage. I have already asked her parents permission." 

A large smile slowly breaks across my fathers face "This is wonderful news. Do you have a ring?" I shake my head slightly "I was hoping..." he nods slightly "Your mothers ring. Of course. She would have loved for her daughter in law to have it." I nod slightly and he moves around the table sitting next to me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders "I am proud of you son." I smile slightly "Thank you father." 

"I hope you can forgive me for everything." I nod slightly "You're my father, of course I can forgive you. But it will take time." he nods and stands "Come, your mothers ring is in the treasure vault."  I stand and follow him out the room walking through the familiar halls of Mirkwood smiling slightly at the guards who we pass. We walk down into the depths of Mirkwood and stop outside the vault doors. They slowly swing open and I stop myself from gawping, I had forgotten the fortune that lies beneath the halls above. 

Stepping inside my father glides to the back of the chamber and picks up a small black box holding it out in the palm of his hand a soft smile gracing his features. "I'm sure she will love it." I smile "I hope so." slowly I take it of him and flip open the lid. Inside nestled on a red velvet cushion is a beautiful crafted gold ring with a diamond set in the top. "It is beautiful, now I just have to ask. Do you have any advice?"  "Just tell her how you truly feel and you'll be fine."