Saruman

Treebeard walks forward "Young master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master. But there is a wizard to manage here, locked in his tower." Gandalf nods "Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous." Gimli frowns "Well, lets just have his head and be done with it." I smile "It is not that easy Master Dwarf."

On top of the tower Saruman appears "You have fought many wars and slain many men, Théoden King and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend?" I scowl at the wizard and Théoden scowls "We will have peace when you answer for the burning of Westfold and the children that lie dead there!" I listen to the two wizards talk and scowl when Saruman takes the palinter out of his robes. 

Gandalf rides forward slightly and Saruman starts talking staring into the palinter transfixed by something we can not see. He looks up grinning "His attack will come soon. You're all going to die." Everything turns blurry and flashes of fire,orcs and death go through my head. My surroundings become clear again almost as fast and I blink several times trying to process the images. Saruman continues talking glaring down at Gandalf.

Gimli growls and prods Legolas in the side "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob." Legolas reaches for an arrow but Gandalf stops him "Come down, Saruman and your life will be spared." Saruman growls and points his staff at Gandalf a ball of fire erupting from it. Merry grips my waist tightly and I smile slightly whispering "He's alright don't worry."

The fire clears and Saruman's eyes widen in shock. Gandalf frowns "Saruman your staff is broken." as if on cue Saurmans staff starts glowing and moving as if trying to get away from its master. It explodes into pieces falling uselessly to the ground. Sarumans eyes are full of loathing and for the first time he looks scared. Behind him the slimy looking man from Rohan, Grima, appears behind his master looking scared. 

 Théoden addresses him calmly and Grima bows his head slightly turning away. Saruman barks out a laugh and starts insulting Théoden and his face falls slightly before addressing Grima once more. Saruman strikes Grima across the face causing him to fall and Gandalf scowls "You were deep in the enemy's counsel. Tell us what you know." Saruman shakes his head and we all watch shocked as Grima stabs him the back with a small dagger multiple times.

Legolas shoots Grima causing him to fall away from Saruman but it is to late. He falls from the top of the tower landing with a sicking thump on a large wheel. Merry's grip tightens and both the hobbits gasp in shock. Gandalf growls slightly in annoyance "Send word to all our allies and to every corner of Middle-earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike."

The eerie creaking of the wheel turning reaches our ears and Saruman disappears under the water. Tree beard smiles slightly and starts talking but my attention is on Pippin as he jumps of Aragorn's horse and moves through the water towards Sarumans body. He reaches into the water and pulls out the Palinter. Gandalf quickly takes it off him wrapping it in a cloth.

We turn and start the ride back to Rohan leaving Tree beard in charge of the tower. We reach Rohan a few days later and Skylar yawns "Tired." I smile at the dragon "You can rest now." she smiles and flies up landing on the roof of Theoden's home. Legolas smiles and walks over "A few days rest will do us all good." I nod and he wraps his arms around me slightly. I lean into his warmth and sigh "Come on, we should go inside with the others." he nods and the two of us walk together from the stables to The halls of Rohan.