swimsuit

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

You walked around the JCPenney with Steve trailing behind. His family invited you and him to Myrtle Beach with them, so you were in search of anything to wear — just not a swimsuit.

You knew it was stupid to wear clothes to the beach and that no one would care what you'd look like in a swimsuit, but you did. You hated how you looked in them, and Steve knew that.

You'd been together a little over two years, and he'd only seen you naked on a couple of occasions. You'd been struggling with your weight for years, and weren't at a stage yet where you wanted people to see your body.

Even though Steve reminded you time and time again that he thought you were absolutely beautiful, no matter what you looked like. But it still wasn't enough to convince you that he meant it.

So you were on the hunt for an alternative to a swimsuit, which you were having trouble finding.

"What about this?" Steve said, making you turn to look at him. He held up a two-piece suit. The bottoms were high-waisted, and the top had material that hung down to cover the gap between the pieces.

Against your instinct, you walked over. "It's actually... kinda cute."

He smiled at you. "Wanna try it?" You didn't answer. "Come on. If you don't like it, you can take it off. You don't even have to show me."

You looked at him. "Okay, sure."

He followed you to the dressing room, where you found a vacant stall and stepped inside. He sat on the bench outside, waiting patiently.

You hung up the suit on a hook, staring at it for a few seconds and taking a deep breath. You pulled your shirt over your head and tugged your shorts off. You took a moment to look at your body in the mirror, staring at each imperfection. The rolls on your ribcage, the flabby skin on your stomach, the dimples on your lower back. Everything you saw, you hated.

But Steve loved them. The few times he saw them, he took the opportunity to give them extra love and tried to convince you that you were beautiful to him no matter what. You knew his intentions were good, but his compliments didn't make you feel better, which you hated to admit.

You unhooked your bra and replaced it with the top, which hid some of your torso under the thin material. Slipping on the bottoms, you noticed they had spandex in them, which helped slim down your stomach and hide what you didn't want to show.

Looking in the mirror, you were shocked at how much you liked it. You didn't feel the disdain for your figure that you usually did, and you hated to admit how much you wanted to show Steve.

"You okay in there?" he asked.

You didn't answer, instead opening the door and letting his eyes scan your body. His eyebrows slowly raised, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Wow," he said.

"Do you like it?"

He nodded. "You look really nice." You smiled at his compliment. "This is the most I've seen of you in a long time."

You nodded. "I really like it."

"It suits you." You let out an awkward laugh. "I'm serious. You look really good."

A bigger smile spread across your lips. "Thank you."

"Are you gonna get it?"

You nodded again. "I think so."

"Good."

You stepped back into the dressing room and closed the door, smiling to yourself at the way he looked at you.