little one (NSFW)

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

You and Steve walked into the large house of your favorite coworker, Claire. She was hosting a party since she was on maternity leave and had nothing else to do. It was her sixth week out of work, and she was itching to come back.

She'd given birth to a beautiful baby girl, and she showed you photos when you ran into her at the grocery one day. Her name was Laura, and she was born about a week premature.

Laura was home with her dad, so Claire took to opportunity to do some much-needed shopping. It was nice to see her in person again, and she looked exhausted but happy.

So when she invited you to her party, you jumped on the opportunity. She invited Steve as well, who was also eager to come so he could meet your coworkers.

When you got there, music was playing and everyone had solo cups in their hands. You walked around, introducing Steve to everyone.

You hadn't been married long, so it was still weird for you to call him your husband. But he had no issues remembering to call you his wife, boasting it every chance he got.

He'd always been excited to brag about you, whether it was to the kids and Robin, to his friends, his family, his coworkers, it didn't matter. It made you feel loved, which was part of the reason he called you his wife every chance he got.

It wasn't long before Claire joined you two, Laura was in her arms, her head resting on her mom's shoulder.

"Oh my god, she's adorable," you gushed, noticing Steve wasn't too interested. "She's six weeks now, right?"

"She is. She's just the sweetest baby. She's quiet, too," she winked.

"You look fantastic, by the way," you said.

"Ah, thank you so much. I've been doing at-home core workouts to try to lose the belly fat."

You all heard someone call her name, and she sighed. "Can you guys watch her for a moment?"

"Absolutely," you said. She handed Laura to Steve, who reluctantly took her. You raised your eyebrows, realizing how good he looked with a baby on his shoulder.

"Why'd she hand her to me?"

You shrugged. "I dunno, but you holding a baby is making my knees weak."

He furrowed his brows. "What?"

"I've always thought guys who love kids were hot."

"But I don't love kids."

"I know. You're still hot. But even more so with a baby."

You winked at him, refilled your cup, and walked off to mingle. You were away from him for about ten minutes before trying to find him again. You spotted him sitting on the couch in the empty den.

Laura was fast asleep on his chest, and Steve was sitting still as a statue. You walked into the room, catching his attention. You squatted in front of him, smiling.

"We should have a baby," he said softly.

It caught you off guard, and you stood back up before sitting next to him and resting your head on his shoulder.

"I thought you didn't like kids."

"I didn't think I did, either. But I like the idea of being a dad, especially with you."

You smiled and looked at him. "You mean that?"

"Absolutely."

You looked at the baby. "We could have our own little Dustin."