cherry (NSFW)

POSTED ON: steve-hairingtons

a/n: this is one of my favorite ones i've written, i'm very proud of it. it's also the longest thing i've written on tumblr, so it'll take a hot minute to read.

-

You held the hand of your husband, Andrew, and in your arms was your daughter Olivia. You two had been together for five years and had been married three of them. You had your daughter about four months after you got married, making her almost three years old.

You placed Olivia down next to you and she reached up and grabbed your hand. She loved shopping with you guys, and she especially loved walking with you.

You had only been there a few minutes before Olivia ran off. You chased after her, but she bumped into someone's legs and fell onto her butt. You didn't even look up at the person, but you apologized as you picked your daughter up.

When you stood up was when you looked at the person, and your heart sank.

Steve Harrington. You recognized that hair from anywhere.

You guys were together for eight years. You met freshman year of high school and sparks flew. You started dating and were together until you were twenty-two.

You were in love with him when you were together, and you still were.

The breakup was hard. The spark that ignited when you met had gone out months before you broke up, but neither of you wanted to admit it was over.

And, as awful as it sounds, you still thought about Steve every day. Sometimes you imagined what would have happened if you married him instead of Andrew, if you had kids with him instead of Andrew.

Every once in a while, you felt tempted to call him or go to his house and just spend time with him. But, at the end of the day, you weren't sure what would happen between you two if you went to see him.

You were both silent for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"Y/N," he said.

"Steve."

"Uh... It's been a while," he said awkwardly.

"Yeah."

"Is-Is this your daughter?"

"Yeah. This is Olivia." Just then, Andrew walked up. "Oh, and this is Andrew. My husband. Andrew, this is an old friend of mine, Steve."

You could see how disappointed Steve was when you called him an 'old friend'. He furrowed his brows a bit and his eyes turned even sadder.

Andrew stuck his hand out and Steve shook it. "Nice to meet you," Steve said.

"Babe, will you give us a minute?" you asked Andrew. "I need to catch up with him. I'll find you." You handed Olivia to him and he placed her in the baby seat of the cart.

"I'll see you in a minute," he said, leaning in and kissing you. You kissed back quickly before he walked off.

"Babe?" Steve asked when Andrew walked off. "That's what you used to call me."

"Steve-"

"So... You married a rich guy," he said.

It was no secret to Hawkins that Andrew and his family had money. His parents owned some of the businesses in the town, which brought in most of your money to support Olivia and save for her college fund.

You sighed. "His money had nothing to do with it, Steve. You know me better than that."

"You look happy."