trick or treat

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

You were dragged down the sidewalk by your little brother, who was eight years old. He was dressed as Batman and had a little orange pumpkin-shaped basket for his candy.

You were dressed as Robin, only agreeing to dress up because he begged you to.

You stumbled up the driveway of a one-story house, which was decorated more than any house in Hawkins that you'd seen. He pounded on the door with a big, impatient smile on his face as he bounced on his toes.

Two boys opened the door, one a few years older. They were matching in their costumes, the shorter, younger one dressed as Marty McFly, and the other dressed as Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

The taller one immediately caught your eye, and the eye contact was returned on his side.

"Trick or treat!" your brother yelled with a smile.

They handed him some candy and complimented his costume before he turned around to run off. He saw his friends and ran over and they started bragging to each other about their get-ups.

"He's cute," said the older boy in the house. "Is he your son?"

You shook your head quickly. "God, no," you laughed. "He's my brother. He's eight."

"He looks proud of his costume."

"We searched for weeks for it in his size. They only had adult-sizes in the entire state of Indiana. We had to drive down to Kentucky to get something that fit him."

"I'm Steve," he said, making the short one roll his eyes.

"Y/N."

"And you're Robin, right?"

You nodded. "I wasn't gonna dress up at first, but he begged me to and I just couldn't say no."

He eyed you up and down before a sly smile came across his face.

"So, Robin, is there any chance I could get your number?"

You chuckled and a smile formed on your mouth. "I'm gonna have to say no, Doc. But I'll see ya around town."

"Y-Yeah, sure. See ya."

You took a candy bar for yourself before walking over to your brother and finally dragging him away a few seconds later. You looked over and waved at Steve once more, which he returned, before walking out of sight.