too early?

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

Sitting in the front seat of Steve's car, you bopped your head to the soft music playing over his radio. It was Halloween night, and Steve asked you on your first date to see The Fly, a cheesy horror movie that had come out two months prior.

You were a horror movie buff, and so was he. So it was a perfect first date, and even though you didn't talk during the movie, you enjoyed each other's energy. He asked you on a second date immediately after leaving the theater.

"One where we can actually get to know each other," he said, smiling. "Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I'd love to go on a date where we actually talk." You had laughed, nodding in agreement.

When you arrived at your house, he put the car in park and smiled at you. "So, I'll see you Friday?"

You nodded. "Friday."

"I'll call you tomorrow and we can set everything up, yeah?"

Another nod. "Sounds good to me."

There was a heavy silence before he quickly leaned over and kissed you. You pulled back, looking at him.

He closed his eyes and sighed. "Too early?"

"I hope I didn't give off the impression that I'm into having sex on the first date."

He shook his head quickly. "No, not at all. I just... I really like you. I'm sorry."

In a split second, you pulled him in to kiss you again. He cupped your face with both hands, pulling you closer to him.

Only a few seconds later, you heard someone call your name from outside the car. You broke the kiss to look over, seeing your mom standing in the driveway, covered in a robe, and crossing her arms.

"It's time to come inside," she called, pointing to the door and turning to go back into the house.

You looked back at him, chuckling out of embarrassment.

"Jesus, I'm sorry," you said. "She's... overprotective."

He smirked. "No worries. I should be getting home anyway."

"Thank you for tonight, by the way. It was really nice."

"Yeah, no problem. I had a good time, too."

"Well, I'm gonna go get lectured now," you laughed, earning a chuckle in response.

You smiled for a moment before grabbing your purse and opening the car door. You waved at him as you walked up the driveway, seeing him wave back.

You figured it was worth the inevitable lecture you'd receive.