not yet

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

Admittedly, you were nervous. You'd never been alone with a boy in his car before, and definitely not one you were dating. You weren't uncomfortable, in fact just the opposite. Steve made you incredibly comfortable. But you were nervous.

So when he parked his car at the drive-in movie theater, adjusted his radio, and placed his arm around you, you could feel your heart pounding.

The movie playing that night was a rerun of Gone With the Wind, your mom's favorite movie.

"I'm really glad you came with me tonight," Steve said, looking over at you. He adjusted his position so he was turned more toward you, and you did the same.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Me too."

He used the hand that was behind you to tuck your hair back behind your ear, making a chill run down your spine.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen," he said softly, adoration laced in his voice. You smiled and chuckled, feeling your cheeks go red.

"You're just saying that."

He shook his head, his thumb lightly skimming over your cheek. "I'm not. I mean it."

Your smile grew wider, your eyes meeting his. He leaned closer a few seconds later, connecting your lips to his and making your breath hitch. He cupped your face to keep it against his, scooting you a bit closer to make it more comfortable.

You couldn't think about anything other than his tongue in your mouth, his hands gripping you tightly, and the sound of the movie serving as background noise.

As soon as your lips broke away from each other, he pulled you back in, reconnecting them. His hand fell to the nape of your neck, the tip of his thumb on the underside of your jawline.

His other hand lightly gripped the inside of your left thigh, making the muscle tense. You pulled back, looking at him and uncontrollably giggling. You were slightly out of breath, and so was he.

"Are you okay?" he asked, pulling his hand off of your thigh, but keeping a soft grip on your neck.

"Yeah, just... No one's ever kissed me like that before."

He smiled before leaning over again and kissing you once more. The hand that was previously on your leg was now on your lower back, pulling your body in close.

His kisses trailed down to your neck and you let out a deep, silent breath. Your hand ran through the back of his hair and you closed your eyes. You began to get nervous, your breath shaky and hitched in your throat.

He slowly unbuttoned your shirt and he slipped his fingers between the material and your skin, pressing his fingertips into your ribs.

You pulled back again and looked at him.

"I... don't want to have sex with you. Not yet, at least."

He pulled his hand away. "That's alright," he chuckled kindly. "I wasn't... I wasn't trying to have sex with you."

"I'm sorry," you said as you rebuttoned your shirt.

"Hey, don't apologize. I'm not trying to rush you."

You smiled at him. "Thank you. I really like you, I do, I just wanna wait a little while."

"Seriously, you don't need to apologize. Whenever we do... get there... I want it to be when both of us want to."

You felt relief as you broke the eye contact, before returning it a few seconds later.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, of course." You both turned back to watch the movie, his hand lightly landing on your knee. You smirked to yourself, trying your best to pay attention.