insecure

POSTED ON: steve-hairingtons

-

Lips attacked your neck, hands roamed your back. Your hands rested on Steve's shoulders to balance yourself, and you moaned as he kissed you. His hands traveled down your back and into your underwear, gripping your butt.

When he gripped the bottom hem of your shirt, your hands shot down to grab his, stopping him.

He broke the kiss and looked up at you.

"What's wrong?" You just shook your head. "No? No what?"

"Leave it on."

He raised his eyebrows. "Okay. Can I ask why?"

You sighed. "I hate my body."

His eyebrows furrowed and you broke eye contact.

"What? Why?"

You pushed yourself off of him and he adjusted himself so he was sat on the edge of the bed, his feet on the floor, and his hands in his lap.

"In high school, I lost and gained weight like crazy. My hormones were all out of wack and I was struggling with my eating disorder. I have stretch marks and saggy skin and-"

He reached over and gripped your hands, pulling you close.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop. Stop talking bad about yourself."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize either. I just want you to trust me enough to show me every inch of you. Even the parts you don't like." You gave him a small smile. "I don't care about stretch marks or saggy skin. You're perfect to me, even if you don't like your body. Okay?"

You nodded. "Promise you won't make fun of me?"

He raised a pinkie, and you linked fingers. "I promise."

You took a deep breath before you reached down and slowly pulled your shirt off, leaving you in underwear and your bra.

You didn't look at him, and you felt your body go pink. He softly placed his hands on your sides, pulling you in close, and peppering your stomach with kisses. It immediately made you feel better, and you smiled.

"You're perfect," he said. You leaned down to kiss him again and he pulled you back onto his lap before he unhooked your bra.

"I love you," you said.

"I love you, too."

You felt much more open with Steve that night. Knowing he thought you were perfect despite your insecurities was comforting. You slept holding each other tightly, talking about what he was insecure about. It was refreshing to know he was also insecure about you seeing him naked the first time.

You were happy, and you were blessed to have someone like Steve as your boyfriend.