high

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

You and Steve sat in his bed watching TV and spooning. He had his arms wrapped around you, his chin resting on the top of your head. You raised up and down with every breath he took, and your legs were tangled.

You had something on your mind, but you didn't know how to bring it up.

You'd been wanting to smoke weed for the first time, and you knew Steve used to do it, so you figured he was the person to talk to.

You took a deep breath before sitting up and turning to face him. He looked at you and raised his eyebrows.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Have you ever done drugs?" you asked, knowing the answer anyway.

"Yeah. In high school. Why?"

You sighed. "Do you still have some?"

He squinted and furrowed his brows. "Why?"

"I dunno. I've been wanting to try weed."

He chuckled at your phrasing. "I'm not sure if you'd like it."

You tilted your head. "Why not?"

"Some people I've smoked with have had bad reactions."

"You never know until you try, right?"

He sighed. "I don't know, Y/N."

"Come on. Please?" You pulled out your puppy dog eyes and pouted your lip, knowing that was his weakness.

He just looked at you. "Alright. But don't tell your parents, yeah?"

You nodded. "I promise."

He shook his head and smiled as he got out of bed and walked over to his dresser, bending over to reach the bottom drawer. He pulled out a baggie of weed and already made joints.

"Now?" he asked.

"I didn't think you had any."

"It's kinda old, but it should do the trick." He walked back over and sat down, placing the contents in front of you. He reached into his nightstand and pulled out a yellow lighter.

You watched silently as he rolled a new joint carefully, twisting the ends closed. He handed it to you and you took it between your first finger and thumb, looking at it.

You could feel your heartbeat pick up, and he looked at you.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

"I do," you insisted. "I'm just nervous."

"If you start having a bad reaction, I'm gonna cut you off, okay?"

You nodded. That was when he reached for the joint, placing it between his lips. He flipped the lighter on and held it to the end for a few seconds. You watched him intently, watching his chest rise as he inhaled.

He pulled it from his mouth, letting out a long cloud of smoke from his nose and mouth. You smirked and watched as he cleared his throat.

"Not as old as I thought." He held it out for you to take, and you hesitantly placed it to your lips, taking a short breath before breaking out in a coughing fit. He chuckled as you grabbed the glass of water on his nightstand and took a drink, clearing your throat for a few seconds before you started coughing again.

You coughed for about twenty more seconds before wiping your eyes and smiling.

"Are you okay?" he asked, softly laughing.

You nodded, feeling a burn in the back of your throat and in your chest. You took another puff and coughed a couple of more times.

The next few minutes were a blur, but you remember each inhale becoming smoother and easier.

Your high didn't really hit you until a little over half the joint was gone. When you looked up at Steve, it was like everything was in slow motion except for him. He chuckled, and you smiled.

"What?" you asked.

"Your eyes are red and dilated."

Your smile widened and you kept smoking, getting to the point where you weren't coughing anymore.

Before you knew it, you were laying on your back next to him, staring at the spinning ceiling.

"Is this what you imagined it'd be like?" he asked.

"I really didn't know what I expected." You looked over at him, and it took your eyes a moment to adjust.

"Do you like it?"

You smiled and nodded, giggling to yourself.

"I really like it."

"Good. You didn't have a bad reaction, either."

You shook your head. "My throat hurts a bit, but yeah. I feel good."

"Your throat will hurt until you build a tolerance."

That's when there was a knock at his door. His head shot up and he mumbled "shit"s to himself as he turned on the fan and stood up.

"Just a second," he said, grabbing your perfume and spraying as much as he could.

You slowly sat up and watched him, your eyes focusing on his hands.

He looked at you before he opened the door, only to see Dustin and the rest of the party, who immediately scrunched up their noses.

"What the hell is that smell?" Max asked.

"Were you guys smoking weed?" Dustin asked.

"What? No," Steve said.

Dustin looked at you before looking back at Steve. "Then why is she-" he pointed to you, "-stoned out of her mind?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Steve argued.

"Look at her. Her eyes are red and she looks like she's on cloud nine."

Steve sighed. "Don't tell anyone."

"Don't worry. We just came by to ask if you wanted to go to a movie tonight. And maybe buy the tickets?" he suggested.

"Yeah, sure. Just give us a couple of hours, yeah?"

A couple of them rolled their eyes. "Alright. We'll be back at, like, seven?"

"Yeah, perfect. See you then." He closed the door and looked at you, and you broke out in laughter. "What the hell are you laughing at?"

"Nothing," you said. It was true. Nothing was funny. You'd always heard stereotypes that some people get giggly when they're high, and you guessed you were one of those people.

By the time the kids came back, it had worn off, and you were sort of in an afterglow state. You had more energy than you'd had before you got high, something you hadn't had in months.

You wound up smoking all of Steve's stash within the next two nights, considering it was just a small baggie full.

It became a bi-weekly thing for you and Steve to hang out at his house and smoke whatever he bought. The kids wound up learning to knock so they didn't get a contact high from the smoke.

Overall, it was a positive bonding experience for the two of you, and you enjoyed it more than you thought you would.