pregnant

POSTED ON: scoopsahoy

-

You paced around the cabin, waiting rather impatiently for Hopper to get home. You had a key so you let yourself in, not realizing he wasn't there.

It had been a long day, one of the longest of your life. You woke up that morning vomiting for the fifth time in a row, and only then did it make you realize that pregnancy was a possibility.

You bought a 25¢ pregnancy test, sped home, took it, and it came back positive. You didn't even know how to react - whether you should be happy or not depended on Hopper's reaction.

You were admittedly nervous. There was a bit of an age gap between the two of you: he was 42 and you were 35. That didn't matter, but you weren't sure if he was willing to raise a child while in his 40s.

Not only that, but his first biological child, Sara, died young. You knew it took a toll on him, and you knew that Eleven was now his child, but he still had PTSD from Sara.

Regardless, when you heard his car approaching, you knew you had to tell him then and there. He smiled when he saw you standing in his living room.

"Hey," he said as he walked over and kissed you. He always had to lean down to kiss you, as he was almost a foot taller. "If I knew you were coming over, I would've offered to pick up some food."

"Oh, thanks. I'm not hungry anyway."

He furrowed his brows. "You okay? You look pale."

You nodded. "Yeah, of course."

He walked to the fridge and grabbed two beers before you stopped him. "I don't want one."

His expression twisted into a confused one, putting the bottle back. "Are you sure you're okay? You never pass up a drink."

"Can you come in here?" You could hear the shakiness in your voice. He came back over to you before you gestured for him to sit.

"What's up?"

He took a swig of beer and you blurted out, "I'm pregnant."

He choked on his drink and some of it came out of his nose, and he coughed heavily. You pulled him to his feet and dragged him to the sink, allowing him to clean his face of beer.

He looked at you, a smile creeping onto his lips.

"You're pregnant?"

You returned the smile and nodded. "I found out this morning-"

He pulled you into a bear hug before lifting you off the ground and kissing you.

"I'm gonna be a dad?" he laughed. You nodded again and hugged him tightly. He laughed heartily. "Holy shit, Y/N."

He didn't put you down for a moment, but when he did, he pulled you into another hug.

You ran to your bag and grabbed the pregnancy test out of it, handing it to him. He stared at it for a few seconds before he leaned down and kissed you.

A few minutes later, the door opened and Eleven entered a couple of seconds later.

You knew about her powers. You had for a while. She didn't know you were home when she used them, so it stunned both of you. You knew everything about the whole Upside Down deal, and you were rather protective of both of them.

You and Hopper looked at her as she stopped, a confused look on her face.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Y/N's pregnant," he announced proudly, his smile only growing wider. Her eyes grew to twice their size.

"Pregnant?"

You both nodded. "You're gonna have a sibling," you said.

"And I'm gonna be a dad," Hopper exclaimed.

"Congratulations," Eleven said simply. She still hadn't grasped the whole concept of pregnancy, but you could tell she was just as excited as Hopper.

-

You and Hopper laid in his bed. Your face laid on his bare chest, his cold hands on your back. You were both naked, having just had some of the best sex of your relationship.

"I was kinda nervous to tell you."

"Nervous? Why?"

"Sara," you said simply. "I know you had a rough go of it the first time.

He took a deep breath. "We're gonna have a baby," he said, changing the subject.

He'd never been a big fan of talking about what happened with Sara, as it usually made him cry.

"We are."

"I love you," he said. "So much."

"I love you, too." His fingers traced patterns on your shoulder.

"I think it's time to ask if you want to move in."

You looked at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "I planned on asking you soon anyway, but... now works, too."

"Yeah, okay. I'll move in if you want me to."

"Do you want to?"

You nodded. "Absolutely."

"Great."

"I mean, I have to wait until my lease is up at my apartment."

"That's okay."

"It'll be another two months."

"That's okay," he repeated.

You smiled. "I should probably get home and start packing."

"You want me to help?"

"Nah, I'll be fine." You sat up and got dressed before he walked you out to your car.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked.

"I can bring you lunch."

He smiled. "Okay. Can I tell the guys?"

"Sure. Can you wait until I get there?"

"Yeah." He leaned down to kiss you. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye. I love you."

"I love you, too."

-

You walked into the police station with a McDonald's bag and a drink carrier. You'd gotten lunch for the whole station, and they all insisted on paying you back.

When you all finished eating, Hopper changed the subject.

"We have some news," he said, placing his hand on your knee.

"You gettin' married, chief?" Callahan asked.

"Close."

"I'm pregnant," you said.

They erupted in cheers, and Hopper had a proud smile on his face.

"We're gonna have a tiny Hopper running around the station?" Powell said.

"You bet."

"Congrats," they said in unison.

He convinced you to stay for a while, and you wound up staying his whole shift and hanging out with his coworkers since they weren't busy.

Eventually, you went back to his office and sat with him to keep him company. He couldn't stop smiling every time he looked at you, and you spend the rest of that night packing your things into boxes to get it out of the way.