study buddies (NSFW)

POSTED ON: steve-hairingtons

-

Freshman year. That was the first time you ever saw Steve Harrington. You were instantly drawn to him, his hair, and his life. He was the most popular kid in the school, earning himself the nickname "King Steve". And that's what everyone knew him as.

The partier, the womanizer, the class clown. The kid who never dated the girls he took to bed.

That was, at least, until Nancy Wheeler came around. You could tell he was fascinated by her. She was beautiful, after all. She was the sweet, nerdy girl who spent all of her time with Barbara Holland or at the library.

She wasn't someone you expected him to like. She was different than the rest of the girls he'd hooked up with. But he wanted more than a hookup from her. He wanted her. He wanted to take her on dates and sneak through her window to hang out with her.

But their relationship was rocky, something everyone in Hawkins knew. She'd fallen in love with Jonathan Byers, and Steve was jealous, spray painting derogatory insults about her on the front of the movie theater, and then getting his ass beat by Jonathan as a result.

That changed Steve. He was humbled by it, along with some other events that no one knew about. All anyone knew was that Steve definitely wasn't "King Steve" anymore.

Instead, he was hanging out with Dustin Henderson and his friend group. He was kind now, and you two had become friends your senior year.

Your crush on him had only developed further, making it almost unbearable to hide it. But you managed to disguise it, regardless of how painful it was.

You had a feeling he knew you had a crush on him. The tension between you two was at a level it had never been at. Especially when you two were alone.

Studying for finals was one of these nights. He was in your room, sitting at the end of your bed leaning against the footboard. Your filled out index cards were in his hands and he was quizzing you.

You laid sideways across your bed on your back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Verisimilitude," he said with some struggle.

"The appearance of being true."

"Zeugma."

"A device that joins together two opposite things by applying a verb or adjective to both that only really applies to one of them."

"Well, you're done."

"Do it again."

"Y/N, you knew them all. We've gone over them twice already."

"There's a hundred and fifty words on this test, Steve. I have to make sure I know them."

"You do. You know them all. You told me the definition of them all without even trying. You're gonna ace this test."

You groaned. "I hope so."

"You will. I know it."

You sat up and faced him, unintentionally placing yourself less than a foot away from him. He didn't object, though, so you didn't move.

"Let me help you study," you said. "What finals do you have tomorrow?"

"No, no. I don't need to study."

"Why not?"

"I have my art and history final. I know the material."

"Let me help you, Steve."