rivals (NSFW)

POSTED ON: steve-hairingtons

-

You walked down the halls of Hawkins High rather quickly. Your heeled boots slammed against the tile floors loudly, causing a bit of a scene. You felt eyes drilling holes into you from all angles, but you didn't care. You were focused and angry.

You'd been hearing rumors all day that 'King Steve' Harrington and you had hooked up at a party a few nights ago, and you weren't happy, to say the least.

You and Steve weren't friends. Not even close. He decided freshman year that he didn't like you, so you returned the feeling. For no reason than that, you two were "rivals", as people called you.

You didn't hate him the way people thought you did, to be completely honest. You kept up the act simply because he did the same. Yes, you thought he was an absolute douche, but you didn't hate him.

You opened the door to the gym, seeing him in a gray Hawkins t-shirt and green gym shorts, drenched in sweat, and his hair standing in every direction.

You let him play until he tossed the ball to someone else and leaned over, placing his hands on his knees. That's when you got his attention.

"Steve!" you called out, making him stand back up and turn to look at you with a confused look on his face. He eyed you up and down, looking at your outfit.

You were wearing a black turtleneck, which was tucked into a high waisted red skirt that flowed down to your knees. Your boots had a bit of a heel to them. Your backpack was slung over one shoulder.

"Can I talk to you?" you asked, crossing your arms. He nodded to his teammates to continue playing as he grabbed a towel from the benches as he walked over to you, wiping his face and neck off. "In private," you whispered.

He nodded without a word and led you to the boy's locker room. As soon as the door was closed, you started talking. You laid your backpack down on the bench. You stood against the lockers and he stood next to the bench, the towel wrapped around the back of his neck.

"What the hell, Steve?"

"What?"

"You know what."

He raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "No. I don't."

"You haven't heard the rumors going around?"

"What rumors?"

"That we hooked up at a party."

His eyebrows raised even more and then furrowed. "Oh, those rumors."

"Yeah. Those rumors."

"What about 'em?"

"Did you start them?"

He shrugged. "So what if I did?"

You felt anger bubble in your chest. "What the hell! Why would you do that?"

"Why do you think?"

"I have no goddamn clue."

"It's because we're 'rivals'."

"And you had to go and spread a rumor that we fucked? You know I just got out of a serious relationship with Jack, and now he thinks he didn't mean anything to me."

"I'm surprised he ever did in the first place."

"You're joking. I was in love with him, Steve. I still am. We only broke up because he's moving to Maine for college and we won't ever see each other. And now he thinks I broke up with him just so I could sleep around."