Chapter 44 - The Verdict

Dear Miss Casey,

Thank you for your application to study In our student Paramedic programme,

I can now inform you that we would love to have you take part in the programme and become one of Chicagos next top paramedics.

Please report to the Academy on 3rd September 2021 for the start of the 6 month theory programme at the end of which you will receive placement at one of the Firehouses in Chicago where the rest of your training will be completed.

Yours sincerely

Chief Karl Hatcher

Paramedic Field Chief.

_________________________________________

"Well then did you get in or not" Brooke says elbowing me which pulls me out of  my daze.

"Come on JC I litterally can't read your face" Diego says.

I still don't say anything

"Jess are you ok?" Liam says placing a hand on my arm

"I did it" i say quietly "I actually did it"

The 3 of them stay silent

"Well..... aren't you going to say something" I say looking between them

Brooke snapped out of her daze almost immediately and started shouting.

"I KNEW IT, YOU WERE ALL, I MIGHT NOT MAKE IT, IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN,BUT I KNEW IT CASEY YOUR FREAKING AWSOME!"

There was a very awkward silence that follows the entire class is staring at both me and Brooke.

"Wait what's going on?" Asks Poppy looking at me

"I made it in to the Paramedic academy" I say to the room at large.

"Congrats Jess" Poppy says before continuing her conversation with Ruby who throws me a dirty look.

"Well done Jess that's amazing" Mr Lewis says "now I think we ought to get back to Maths don't you"

"Thanks sir, and I'm sorry for the interruption" I stare at Brooke out the corner of my eye she wasn't sorry for the interruption at all.

Mr Lewis goes back to helping individual students and I turn back to Liam, Diego and Brooke.

I get a hug from Brooke and a hi-five from Diego before both of them turn back to their work quietly whispering to each other.

"Well done Baby I'm so proud of you" Laim says hugging Me.

"Thanks" I say smiling at him from behind my mask

"Boy, my girls going to be a badass EMT" he says rasing his eyebrows at me

"You bet" I say before turning back to my work

Bloody hell, I had done it my dream was finally coming true and I couldn't be happier.