Chapter 64: Birthday Woe

His thirtieth birthday is not going as he had wanted. Just a quiet passing of another year older, that's all he required. Laying on the beach somewhere with no shoes, no shirt, and no problems. Instead, his friends threw a party and now, the day before they fly out to Hawaii,  he's at Golf N' Stuff. They decided he needed a big send-off. Goodbye, twenty-nine. Hello thirty. No, no, no. He doesn't need any of this and especially Golf N' Stuff. Now don't get him wrong, back in the day this was THE place to go. But now, his house is THE place he wants to go (despite the kid drama). 

Playing putt-putt golf is not what he wants to be doing on a Monday evening. Even if it is couple against couple, there's a couple of things he'd rather be doing (and they all involve his wife). If this outing has done anything for him, it's been to turn him on. Seeing her bend over, to get her ball out of the hole has given him inappropriate thoughts, more than once. And the time she hit a hole in one... 

Forgetting the fact it's a hole in one, she prances up to him in her hot skinny jeans. With a huge brilliant smile on her pretty face and says "Babe I just hit a hole a one! Aren't you excited for me?" He couldn't help but wonder if she'd smack him if he said "I'd like to do the same to you." Probably, so he kept those words to himself. As he gazes at her, checking her out like some hormonal teenage boy, he can't help but think his wife is smokin' hot. 

 She's easily the most gorgeous female in this whole place. Even looking at his friend's wives, sure they're all good looking, but his wife is the most attractive of all. She always has been, even in high school. Obviously, he's partial, but without his partiality, as a factor she's still beautiful. And yet she's his wife. She chose him, out of all the men in her orbit. 

Why him? He's a decent-looking guy, semi-intelligent, stable, but really why? Currently, his head is shaved, and he's gained a few pounds. Between the two of them, she's the better half. She's his biggest fan, his best friend, his heart, his heaven on earth, definitely his better half. 

While he was thinking Mary came to stand beside him. "Babe, are you OK? You seem to be dazed and have not answered my question yet." She rested her hand on his arm, then slid it down to hold his hand.

That arm slide thing was tantalizing, so he responded with "My answer is yes. Yes, I'm ready to go home. Then we can do fun things, together." He raised an eyebrow. 

"Bobby that is not what I asked." She elbowed him with her bony elbow. His side ached. "I asked can we go to the batting cages next?" 

No. He does not want to go to the batting cages. She must have read his mind because she acknowledged his turmoil. "I realize you don't want to go, but it would make me happy. And if I'm happy, then you're happy later." She had the nerve to smile.

"Fine Sweetie. When we finish, we'll go to the batting cages," he announced with a dramatic sigh. As Tommy finished putting the ball, to put him and Gemma dead last, Mary smacked his butt. And told him to "Hit the ball in the hole, Babe." That did nothing for his dirty mind.

While he hit, Mary, Gwen, and Ashley began chatting. They spoke of her pregnancy and suddenly saw a green golf ball come zipping their way. Jumping out of its path, a group of college boys could be seen in the distance. The guys sent their spokesman and his buddy to retrieve it. Then things got weird.

The guys began using cheesy pickup lines on them. To Mary, the group spokesman said "Do you drink soda?  Because you're so-da-licious." To Gwen, the guy's buddy stated "Something's wrong with my eyes because I can't take them off you." Oh my...