Chapter 1-Warm Walk Home

It was a surprisingly warm evening considering it was November. The leaves had mostly fallen from their summer homes and now danced across the street in front of me as I walked home.

Because of the concert going on in town, it was a busy night at Tin Roof, which is the bar I worked at. Typically, I would wait tables, but occasionally I would bartend. Tonight was especially crazy, so I was all over the place just trying to keep up with the never ending stream of people flowing in and out all night. It was now a little after 3am. I put in my headphones and turned on my favorite music as I began walking towards my apartment a few blocks away.

The concert must have ended fairly recently because I couldn't hear the music flowing from the arena anymore as I walked along the back of it to get home. I did see the glow from the lights and hear the chatter and laughs of people leaving out the front of the building. I glanced down at my phone to pick a new song, but when I looked up from the screen, I could see a few guys avoiding the crowd by leaving the arena from a side door. Judging by the outfits and urgency, it was probably the band.

The four of them were joking and laughing loudly as they loaded their instruments into a large black van. The tallest one had long, dark, wavy hair with the front pulled into a half up style. He had on no shoes, but he wore black leather pants and metallic gold tank top with fringe that billowed and flowed as he walked. Ethereal. He was laughing and joking with a slightly shorter guy, who had his shoulder length brown hair slicked back. He had on a pair of black pants sat slightly above his hips that flowed effortlessly and sparkled in the moonlight without a shirt or shoes. He laughed loudly and I could hear him snort from where I was, nearly a half block away. I realized how infectious his laughter was when I felt a grin slide across my face.

The next guy to walk out was shorter than the other two, and had wavy, dark brown hair that he was trying to tuck behind his ears as they walked, but it was stuck to his face from sweat. He wore a black jacket and pants covered in gold embroidered celestial scenes and sequins, with no shirt underneath. I could see a well worn pair of black Chelsea boots on his feet.

The last member of the band to emerge was the shortest of the group, but his fluffy, curly brown hair made up the difference. He also had no shoes on, which was a trend apparently. Hippies. He wore a sleeveless black jumpsuit that was tight throughout his chest and waist, but started to flare at his thighs before tapering back in at his ankles. It was covered in gold embroidery to match the suit of the last guy.

The four of them were riding the high of coming off stage, and could not contain their happiness or laughter. It was adorable and I felt drawn to them and their endless fun.

After a few minutes, I realized that I had inadvertently began closing the distance, and I was now only 10-15 feet away. I began to worry that it may be awkward or that I may be ushered away by security. So I tried to turn down the nearest street resolving to take the long way home, but I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk as I heard someone yell "Hey!" followed by quick footsteps as someone jogged my direction.

I reached up and took his hand as he helped me recover from my fall. I glanced up to thank him, and I was met with the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen. I could easily get lost in their warm golden brown tones with little flecks of dark brown scattered throughout. His eyelashes were long and dark, and honestly made me a little jealous.
Once I snapped out of the trance his eyes had me in, I realized it was the one in the jumpsuit. "H-hello!" I managed with a struggle, and could feel the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Hi," he said with a toothy grin. You felt the butterflies in your stomach flutter. He placed his hand on your arm as he said, "you probably shouldn't be out here alone at night. Are you okay?" My whole body tingled at his touch as if generating electricity.
"Yeah, I'm fine! I just got off work, and was headed home."
He gently squeezed my arm before raising his hand to my face and tucking my hair behind my ear with a smile. "My name is Josh, Josh Kiszka. What's your name?"
My whole body was on fire at his touch. "Ophelia but almost everyone calls me Opie," I grinned as I replied.