Chapter 62-Our Year

Opie's POV
The smell of breakfast being cooked wafted in to the bedroom, and immediately made me nauseous. I scrambled to the bathroom, tripping over Jake's boots before throwing up a few times. "You okay, babe?" he called sleepily from the bedroom. I groaned loudly and threw up again. "Shit," he muttered. I heard his soft footsteps approaching me before he put his hands on my shoulders. He massaged gently before laying a cool, damp washcloth across my neck. I shivered as it soothed me.

"Thank you," I mumbled while standing up weakly. He steadied me with an arm around my waist as I walked towards the sink to wash my face and brush my teeth. He stayed beside me, brushing his own and pulling up his hair before tucking me back into bed and passing me the remote.

"I'll be right back, babe," he said softly as he kissed my forehead. I turned on the tv and absentmindedly flipped through the channels while watching him slip on a pair of flannel pajama pants. He's so handsome and perfect in my eyes, and I still couldn't believe that he asked me to marry him.. He blushed when he caught me staring, then shot me a wink and a smirk before walking out the door.

After settling on one of the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies, I leaned back against the headboard and pulled the blanket into my lap. Jake had been gone for about 15 minutes when he returned with a glass of ginger ale, a glass of orange juice, a bowl of fruit, and a few pieces of toast on a big tray. He grinned as he sat the tray on the bed and took his spot beside me. "These are all supposed to be easy on your tummy...Hey I like this movie," he said before popping a green grape in his mouth.

I giggled when I remembered the last time I had watched it. "Do you remember the night we watched this at the apartment? And you had on those tiny shorts," I laughed so hard that my stomach and cheeks hurt.

"All the rum has that night kind of hazy, but I remember that I knew then how badly I wanted you to be mine. Hell..I've known that since we met the first night," he smiled and kissed me gently. "I love you so much, Opie girl." I wasn't surprised that he knew so soon, because if I thought back on it..I was drawn to him, too. I felt bad that I had let Josh overshadow him at first, but I knew that was just part of our journey. I spun the ring on my finger as I smiled at him lovingly.

"I love you, too...do you want to go tell your parents about the baby?" I asked nervously. I knew he wanted to tell them the moment we found out, and that it had been eating at him trying to wait. His face lit up and his smile widened.

"Can we?" He asked excitedly. I nodded, and rolled out of bed. I picked a pair of black leggings and a cream colored dress that flowed effortlessly around my body. It was off the shoulder with a black belt under the chest area. I felt like Stevie Nicks, and I loved it. "You look hot," he said as he pressed his body against mine while hugging me from behind. I giggled as he spun me around and kissed me.

"You look hot, too," I replied cheekily as I looked him up and down in an exaggerated motion. He blushed, but he did look really good in his light wash jeans and black shirt that he never bothered to button more than once or twice. He pulled me in to a kiss before pulling away just to kiss my forehead. I sighed, "Our kid is going to be so cute.."

He took my face in his hand and kissed me again. "I can't wait..Let's go tell everyone so we can celebrate!" He said excitedly as he tugged me towards the door with a big grin.

We walked down the stairs hand in hand, and I could feel my heart racing. Jake glanced over at me and said, "Thank you for letting us tell them before we go back to Nashville." I nodded and kissed his cheek before we stepped into the living room to see Kelly watching TV. "Mom, please come in here.." Jake called calmly. Karen made her way in from the kitchen with a mixed drink in each hand before passing one to Kelly and sitting down beside him.