Chapter 56-Happier

Opie's POV
Once I realized I had run out of food for the giraffe, I turned to ask Jake for more. I saw him on the ground and panicked a little thinking something might be wrong. I started to kneel down to check on him. He laughed and shook his head smiling from ear to ear.

"Opie, I'm fine, please just stand in front of me for a minute.." he said quietly through his giggles. I stood back up, and felt my heart starting to race.

I put my palms on either side of his face, just trying to convince my brain that he was real. That this was really happening. "Jake.." I said breathlessly. He smiled and swallowed hard before he spoke.

"Opie girl, I love you so fucking much," he began nervously. I smiled down at him as he continued, "Honestly, I've loved you since the very first moment that I saw you. Every day I've spent with you since then has resulted in me loving you more. You're my best friend and the absolute best person I know. You're beautiful, kind, generous, funny, sexy, and all mine." I felt myself starting to tear up when I noticed the tears pooling in the corners of his big brown eyes. "I just want to spend my days making you happy. Will you marry me?" He asked, still struggling to hold in his tears as he held out a ring box.

I gasped and covered my mouth with both of my hands. The ring was absolutely breathtaking. It appeared to be handmade with 2 thin gold bands twisted together. The center held a larger white opal moonstone in the shape of a moon and a small white opal moonstone star beside it. Both had raw edges which just made it look more earthy and gorgeous.

"Jake, it's beautiful.." I whispered as I reached out to touch it. He beamed up at me as the tears began to fall. I reached down and held his face again, using my thumbs to wipe away his tears before I kissed him hard.

After a moment, I pulled away, and said, "Of course, I'll marry you. You're my best friend, my rock, my constant support. You make the unbearable, bearable, and the good, amazing. I love you so much, Jacob Kiszka. You're my happy place.." I replied through tears of my own. He jumped up wrapping his arms around me as we both let the happy tears fall. He pulled away long enough to take the ring out of the box and slip it on that finger, before I crashed my lips into his.

Our small audience of friends and family began to cheer. We parted as we looked around seeing all the happy smiling faces. "She said yes!" Jake yelled happily causing another rush of applause and cheers. I couldn't stop my tears from flowing freely down my cheeks. He put an arm around me , holding me tight as people lined up to congratulate us.

At the end of the line, I saw two familiar faces that I hadn't seen in a long time. "Hey, pumpkin!" My dad said as he pulled me into a hug. I looked over to see my mom absolutely sobbing. "Your mother might need a moment," my dad teased as my mom struggled to form words. She hugged me and Jake tight.

"Thank you guys for flying out," Jake said happily as he shook my dad's hand.

"Son, I gotta admit that I was honestly a little surprised when you called and asked for our blessing..I know you two have not been together very long...." My dad said in his stern voice. I clenched my jaw fully ready for the speech about being too young or his lifestyle getting in the way. "But when you find your person, you know," he finished with a smile as he pulled my mom close and kissed her cheek. I couldn't help but smile knowing they approved.

"She's it for me, sir. I'm just happy she keeps me around," Jake teased as he looked over at me and smiled. I kissed his cheek and hugged him tighter.

"You couldn't get rid of me if you tried, Kiszka," I added with a laugh. He looked down at me dreamily, and it truly felt like we were the only two people in the world.

"Uh oh, I know that look...honey, we better leave these two alone before we witness our grandkids' conception," my mom teased as she dragged my dad towards Karen and Kelly.