Chapter 64-SNL

Opie's POV
"I love you so much," I whispered as we waited in the quiet lobby. He beamed back at me and placed a hand on my tummy. I was sure it wasn't noticeable to anyone else, but Jake and I had been paying close attention and loving every second.

"I love you both," he replied gently before glancing up to me and adding, "I love you most though..don't tell the munchkin." We both laughed before I pressed my lips to his tenderly.

"Ophelia Miller?" A nurse called from the doorway. Jake nearly jumped out of his skin from being caught off guard, but we both followed her back into an exam room. "How are you feeling, Mom?" She asked as she helped me onto the scale, noting my height and weight on her clipboard. Jake helped me down and up onto the table as the nurse adjusted it so I could sit comfortably.

"A lot better, to be honest. I feel like my nausea and tiredness has gone away for the most part, but I have felt kind of dizzy the last few days.." I explained with a weak smile. I had actually scared Jake recently by getting too dizzy to finish grocery shopping, and he had to walk me to the car before going back to finish on his own.

"That's fairly normal at this point in pregnancy, you just have to give your body time to adjust as your little one grows," she said in a soothing tone. She asked about my diet and activity level, which she said seemed perfect. I provided a urine sample, and was told the doctor would be in soon.

"I'm so nervous I could throw up," Jake said with a nearly silent laugh. I smiled wider when his nose scrunched up all cute.

"You're cute," I replied before leaning in for a kiss. His lips curled into a smile as he held my face in his hand.

"Good morning, Mr and Mrs Miller!" The doctor said confidently as he walked in and took his seat in front of me. Jake and I both looked at each other and laughed.

"We're not married, yet," Jake corrected him with a smile. I continued to giggle, but tried to hide it.

"My mistake," the doctor replied. "I think you saw someone else before, but my name is Doctor Smith. It looks like you're about 11-12 weeks along, and doing well!" He added with a smile. "Are you wanting to do the genetic testing for—"

"We want to do all the tests, please!" Jake interrupted out of excitement. All three of us laughed, and the doctor nodded. He took out the ultrasound equipment, and I unbuttoned my pants and lifted my shirt to expose my tummy before leaning back.

Once the steady heartbeat filled the speakers of the machine, I felt Jake's knees buckle as he leaned into the table beside me. I squeezed his hand and looked up at him to see tears in his eyes. "Are you going to cry every time?" I teased before kissing his lips gently.

"Maybe," he replied as he frowned and pretended to pout. We looked down at the screen to see the little baby we had made. I felt tears stinging my eyes threatening to fall.

"Everything looks right on track...There's baby's little hand..and foot.." Dr Smith said as he gestured to different areas of the screen. "You appear to be between 11 and 12 weeks, but I understand we booked this appointment a little early since you'll be traveling at the end of the week?" He asked in effort to clarify. I nodded and smiled as I held Jake's hand tightly.

"Yes, he's going to be performing on SNL with his band," I bragged as I leaned into Jake. He blushed and hid his face in the crook of my neck. As amazingly talented and confident he was on stage, he was always so bashful when anyone found out he played guitar or that he was in a band.

"Speaking of that, we're going to be going on tour in a few months..is that going to be an issue for the pregnancy?" Jake asked nervously glancing over to me.