Chapter 14-Christmas

On Christmas morning I woke up early to see  the sun had not come up, yet. "Merry Christmas, my love," Josh said sleepily as he kissed my cheek. I rolled towards him snuggling closer. He snaked his arm around my waist to pull me as close as he could. His eye was barely discolored anymore, and I was glad. I loved staring into his warm caramel/honey eyes.

I kissed his lips gently and said, "Merry Christmas, babe." He flashed me a wide smile before remembering there were presents and most likely breakfast downstairs. He hopped up and threw on the pajamas his mom had gotten him. They were red buffalo plaid bottoms that he paired with a white t-shirt. He looked adorable. I got up and put on a bra and panties before putting my matching nightgown on. It was cute, but definitely not something I would usually wear. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and tossed my hair up into a bun. Josh smiled at me as he brushed his teeth, letting me know he liked my look.

We held hands as we headed down stairs. "We eat breakfast right after presents, which is good because I'm starving!" Josh explained.

We walked into the living room to see everyone had already chosen seats. Mama K was in the othe far end of the couch, by the door, with Ronnie parked in the floor in front of her. Next to Mama K, sat Papa K with Sammy in front of him. Jake sat on the other side of Papa K with Danny sitting in front of him. That left one chair beside Jake, which was clearly meant for Josh. He sat down, and I prepared to sit in the floor by Danny. Josh grabbed my hips and pulled me backwards into his lap. I giggled loudly as he caught me off guard, then settled into his lap.

I glanced over to see Jake staring, so I did my best to smile at him. He smiled back weakly, which kind of broke my heart. I know he must feel awful about the fight, and about how things went down with us, yet here he was...watching a girl he may or may not have liked cuddle with his brother..at his parents house...for Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, everyone," Jake said in his sad, raspy voice. It's kind of amazing how little him and Josh's speaking voice favor each other's considering how similar their singing voices can be.

I reached over and touched his hand, "Merry Christmas, Jake." His smile widened and I noticed his lip was mostly healed, too. I returned his smile, and he placed his hand on top of mine before pulling both away.

The presents were already piled next to our seats, and I'm guessing Sammy has been up for a while. He was positively beaming in his matching pajama bottoms. Jake and Sam had opted to go shirtless. Josh and Kelly had on t-shirts(Kelly's was black while Josh's was white), and Danny had on a black tank top with a red scarf. Karen, Ronnie, and I all sported the same nightgown. It felt really good to be included in such a loving family tradition.

We took turns opening gifts and awwing over other people's gifts. I hadn't gotten anyone a gift because josh said he'd add my name to what he already had for everyone. I didn't know he was just giving everyone a bottle of gin and a signed picture of himself, though. He's the goofiest man, I swear. The laughter got louder each time someone opened a gift from him, and most of the laughter was just Josh cackling to himself. I couldn't help but to grin stupidly at his silly sense of humor, and turn to kiss him when he'd settle down occasionally.

Once all the gifts were open, I volunteered to gather trash and throw it away in the kitchen. Jake met me surprisingly in the kitchen, and handed me a small box with a smile plastered across his face.

"What's this for?" I dumbly asked.

He laughed, "Christmas?"

"Oh! Duh!" I replied and laughed, too. "You didn't have to get me anything, Jake.." I said as I opened the box to see a thin gold chain. I lifted it out of the box to reveal that it was a double layered necklace, the top layer held a small sun pendant, and the bottom layer held a larger crescent moon shaped pendant. "It's beautiful, Jake!" I said as I wrapped him in a hug. He blushed as I kissed his cheek.