Chapter 17-Time

Josh's POV
After an exceptionally good show, I called Ophelia to tell her goodnight. The show ran late due to 3 encores, but it was amazing and exhilarating. She answered on the third ring, and we talked for a few minutes before I let her go back to sleep.

"Ready to go?" Jake asked as he stepped into my dressing room.

I beamed back, "Yes, let's head to this bar down the road instead of the bus!"

"Sounds like a plan! I'll go tell Dan and Sam," he replied before heading towards their dressing rooms.

I grabbed the bottle of tequila I had brought with me for pre-show nerves, and turned it up. I sucked a lime slice I had already cut on the vanity, and tried not to make a face as the liquor settled. It went down surprisingly smooth for tequila, which would make for an interesting night.

Jake, Sammy, and Danny met at my dressing room, and I poured them all a shot, finishing off the bottle before heading out. Sam and Danny decided to race to the bar, and Jake and I cackled at the sound of their bare feet slapping the sidewalk.

We walked into the already crowded bar, and were immediately swarmed by a group of girls. Jake and I did our best to say hello and give out hugs to each girl that had gathered. They were all super nice and had really enjoyed the show. We settled into a booth in the back after we took a few pictures. A few of the girls stayed behind when the others left, and we invited them to drink with us.

Jake got really friendly with a short, slim, brunette girl that had a few freckles across her nose, and deep brown eyes. Her friend was determined to make friends with me, and I obliged hoping it would stop at that. She was objectively beautiful. She had long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and was roughly the same height as me. She sat beside me laughing at my jokes as we watched her friend make out with my brother. The night wore on, and we all kept partying and drinking.

Jake and his new friend snuck off to the bathroom together, Sammy and Danny were trying to convince the bartender to let them bar tend, and I decided I needed some fresh air. I walked outside, and pulled a pack of cigarettes from my pocket. Fresh was a relative term in this case, as I slowly lit the cigarette that was now hanging from my lips. I took a few drags as I leaned against the brick wall before the blonde joined me outside. I sucked air through my teeth mentally preparing to continue the somewhat boring conversation from inside.

She sauntered over to me, clearly inebriated, and planted herself between my knees. I passed her the cigarette as I exhaled, and she held it between her index and middle finger before leaning in and pressing her lips to mine. My body tightened, and I put my hand on her hips to push her away. She finally ceased, and I turned to see Jake standing by the door. Immediately I wanted to throw up. I explained to the blonde that I am in relationship and while I am flattered, her advances are not welcome. She shrugged and headed towards Sammy.

I chased after Jake meeting him back at our booth, both alone now. "Jakey, I know what it looked like, but I swear it was not that.." I explained. He just nodded. "Please don't mention it to Ophelia..." I pleaded.

"I won't, but you have to. You know it will eventually come back to her l.." he agreed.

"I swear, I'll tell her...thank you Jakey! Can we leave now?" I half joked, but he agreed. He whistled signaling the other 2 that we were leaving but they were welcome to stay, which they did.

We made it back to the tour bus and went to bed. I spent the next couple of weeks trying to figure out how to tell Ophelia what had happened, but I was struggling.

At the end of the tour, Ophelia had agreed to pick Jake and I up at the airport in my Jeep, and I couldn't wait to see her. Sammy and Danny had walked out before us, as I hung back with Jake making sure the crew had everything they needed before we parted ways.