Chapter 68-Mr & Mrs

**14 month time jump**

Jake's POV
"Need any help?" Sam asked while peeking his head into the nursery. Clementine squealed when she saw her uncle and started to squirm on the changing table. I quickly cleaned her up and slipped the new diaper on before she made a mess.

I had already spent the morning setting up the archway in the backyard and dealing with the florist, photographer, and everyone else so Ophelia could pamper herself and get ready for the wedding, but since Clementine had gotten up from her nap, progress had slowed way down. "Actually, I do need to get dressed...I kinda have a date later," I joked as I pulled Clem's rust colored leggings back up and straightened her pale green dress by tugging it down. She smiled a wide gummy grin, scrunching up her nose as she placed her hand over her mouth to blow kisses.

Her hair was getting so long with the sweetest little brown ringlets. "Do you want hair like Daddy or Uncle Danny?" I asked as I lifted her off the changing table and placed her onto the floor. She took my hand and started to drag me towards the bathroom giggling.

"Unka," she babbled as she pulled open the drawer that held all the hair accessories. She absolutely adored her uncles, and they spoiled her rotten. I pulled Clem's hair up into a half up hairdo like Danny wore on stage, then clipped a forest green bow in around the elastic.

"Who is that beautiful girl?" Sam asked excitedly as he leaned in to the bathroom holding out his arms. She giggled and clapped her hands before reaching out waiting for him to take her. He lifted her up and pretended to toss her into the air causing her to shriek and bubble with laughter. "Say bye bye, Daddy," he said as he placed her on his hip and waved towards me with his free hand.

"Buh bye, dada," she babbled as she mimicked Sam's wave, studying it closely before watching her hand do the same and smiling.

"I'll see you soon, baby! Be good for Uncle Sammy," I instructed with a smile before looking up at him and continuing, "Don't be afraid to tell her no, she has to learn..." He laughed and nodded his head before carrying her out of the room.

After walking back into my bedroom, I pulled my suit off of the hook on the back of the bedroom door, slipping it carefully out of the clear garment bag. I stepped out of my jeans and pulled on the forest green dress pants before trading my old t-shirt for a white button up shirt. I tucked it in and looped a dark brown belt through the loops on my pants before tying a rust colored tie around my neck. Everything was pretty fitted and the pants left my ankles somewhat exposed, but I felt good. I sat on the edge of the bed, tying my brown wingtips before standing back up and grabbing my forest green coat. I stood in front of the mirror and fixed my hair as I smiled. It all felt so real suddenly...I had found my person almost exactly 4 years ago, and to be honest I think I knew the moment I saw her. Now we had our own little family, and she was going to be my wife.

"You look good, brother," Josh said from the doorway before stepping inside to straighten my tie. "Are you nervous?" He asked with a smile.

"Honestly, I'm just excited.." I replied before hugging him. "Thank you for being my best man."

"I would've been mad if you asked anyone else," we laughed together before we parted.

"People are showing up, so you should probably get out there...I'm going to go make sure your bride doesn't run away," he teased. I clapped his back and laughed.

"I appreciate it, Josh! Tell her I'll meet her at the end of the aisle," I joked back before heading downstairs.

Ophelia's POV
"Are you ready to go home? I'm sure the boys have either got everything ready or burnt your house down by now," Veronica teased as we paid the salon for our hair and makeup. She had came down from Michigan earlier this week to spend time with her niece, and she looked absolutely beautiful with her dark hair curled loosely and a few small braids throughout.