Chapter 28-Ice Cream

Ophelia's POV
"Jake, I'm not ready to see him.." I said as we ate lunch and discussed heading to the house to gather things.

"I know, Opie, but we need to go get our things...I'll be there the whole time, and we can stop for ice cream on the way home," he said with a charming smile. He knew exactly how to bribe me..it's kind of unfair. I laughed and nodded in agreement.

We were already dressed for the day in jeans and T-shirts. I threw on some converses, and Jake put on some black Chelsea boots. We walked out to his car and climbed in.

"This is going to suck," I said as we drove towards the house. "I loved him so much.." I added. I caught myself using the past tense, and winced a little. Maybe Jake wouldn't notice. Part of me would always love Josh, but I don't think it's possible for me to forgive him for this mess. Jake didn't respond, and I was somewhat thankful for that. I'm not sure how to put my feelings into words right now anyway.

We pulled into the garage, and he turned to look at me with a gentle smile. "You ready for this?" He asked hopefully as he reached over and took my hand.

I smiled back then looked down at my feet. "Can you go first? I need a minute.." I said softly. He squeezed my hand and nodded before getting out of the car and heading inside.

I took a deep breath trying desperately to ground myself. My emotions were bubbling up the closer I got to actually seeing Josh. I missed him terribly, but I couldn't even promise myself that I wouldn't punch him when I saw him. After a few moments of thoughtful breathing, I finally got out to head inside.

I stepped into the kitchen through the door to the garage. Josh and Jake were standing there clearly mid conversation. I stood behind Jake for a moment unable to look at Josh without crying.

Ophelia..." Josh said softly before Jake cut in.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, yet. We'll be in and out, don't worry," Jake said. Thank goodness he was here. Truly, I don't think I could handle being alone with Josh. My body couldn't decide if I wanted to jump into his arms and kiss him, or punch him in his beautiful face. I quickly walked towards his room hoping to grab my things as fast as possible.

"Why are you here?" I heard a girl ask as I walked past the living room. What the fuck. I stopped in my tracks and turned to see Lauren lounging on the couch under a blanket.

"I'm just here to get my things," I said softly trying to keep myself calm. Lauren readjusted the blanket she was under, and I saw that she was wearing one of my shirts. It was my favorite Rumors one, and I saw red. "Why are you wearing my shirt?" I hissed.

"Oh this ratty thing? After our shower together, Josh said I could wear it," she said with a condescending smile.

Without thinking, I flew across the coffee table grabbing her by the hair and yanking her to the floor. In the process, I caught an elbow to the lip. I straddled her body holding her down and landing punches as fast and forcefully as I could.

Suddenly I felt myself being lifted off of her, and I turned slightly to see it was Jake. Thank god it wasn't Josh, or he would've caught an elbow, too.

"Do you want Sammy's number, too? I mean might as well collect all the Kiszkas, you whore!" I yelled unable to bring my anger back down. I used my forearm to wipe the blood from my lip without looking away from Lauren. I smiled slightly at the blood dripping from her nose and lip. I probably looked deranged, but I noticed the fear flash in her eyes before she recovered and responded.

"Nah, I got the Kiszka I want now anyway...it wasn't even that hard," she said in a scathing hissed tone. "Maybe if you weren't such a bitch, he would've been faithful," she added with a wink. I fought hard against Jake's grip struggling to reach her again. I wanted to knock the stupid smirk off of her face.